Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • guitars
  • jimbobrighton
    Free Member

been playing my old guitar a lot recently and thinking about getting a newer, electro accoustic (mainly cos they look a bit thinner, but also so i can play with mates who play drums etc)

any suggestions or equivalent of STW to wander onto? Currently I’ve got a £100 yamaha that is 13 years old and still actually quite nice to play.

not looking to spend a fortune though, but obviously you gets what you pay for etc…..

cheers,

jim

Lifer
    Free Member

GAK on North Road has a big acoustic section, best thing you can do is go in and play a load.

grievoustim
    Free Member

If you like your yamaha, you could get a pickup of some kind fitted to it. Again Gak would be able to help with this.

Lifer
    Free Member

That’s true, Fishman pickups fit in the sound hole and you can pick them up from £50ish

Northwind

Always been very impressed with Crafter… I ended up with one of their bottom-of-the-range models, a little 3/4 size travelling acoustic, and it’s lovely to play and sounds (to my ears) better than most guitars costing twice as much. Great little thing. Their full size guitars seem just as good (though to be fair it’s a couple of years since I’ve used one)

mikey74
    Free Member

I have an Aria electro-acoustic that I really like. It comes with a built-in eq and tuner, and was £300 if I remember correctly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘guitars’ is closed to new replies.