Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • guitarists which would you choose?
  • racefaceec90

between one of these and one of these basically have had my eyes on both,but will only be able to get 1 (around july 7th/have to pay off some rush tickets/save for erlstoke 12 hour first) i mainly attempt metal/rock (metallica,rush,marillion e.t.c) anyone who has played owned either guitar,would definitely be interested in your opinion. cheers 😀

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

Vintage are really, really good guitars for the money. You can’t go wrong with either really, The hardware and pickups are by Wilkinson, who produce hardware and pickups for Gibson and Seymour Duncan.

try ’em both, see which feels the best. In terms of the sonics, they will probably be pretty similiar. Buy the one that feels the best.

stratobiker
    Free Member

I’ve played the Lemon Drop (bottom one). It sounds great, and plays very well. Excellent value for the money, and looks authentic as well.

The Lemon drop got rave reviews when it came out.

Very informative review here…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOnjY9XG5s4

I love the look of the Tobacco Burst version at 1:18.

HTH
    SB

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I would buy whichever one felt the nicest to play. Getting other people to pick your guitar for you is not entirely dissimilar to entering an arranged marriage.

racefaceec90

good point Three Fish.at the end of the day is down to which one i like the best.will not be able to buy until july/august (would like to test drive them when i have money to buy).just interested in other people’s opinions of trying/having one of them. EDIT from what i have seen/heard on youtube i am very much leaning towards the lemon drop to be honest (sounds awfully convincing at blues/rock type sound + the out of phase middle setting.obviously down to player as well 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

lemon drop

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Sold my Gibson Studio after playing and then purchasing the Greeny Lemon Drop. I’d had the Studio professionally set up with fret file etc but the Vintage blew it away. Feels lovely and sounds fabulous.

racefaceec90

ginsterdrz how is the neck on your lemon drop? have small hands (currently practising on an ibanez ergodyne edr 470 ex) but have played a gibson classic premium plus les paul with the thin 60’s type neck).i think i’m sold on the lemon drop now to be honest 😀

NZCol

I just got a 10yr old Samik Les Paul copy for $200 and it is absolutely fantastic.

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Small hands and fat digits! The neck on the drop is a lot thinner and more comfortable than the 58 style neck on the Studio. Tried at Dolphin Liverpool store before buying.

brassneck

I’d buy the bottom one on the looks alone, you can always change the pickups 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘guitarists which would you choose?’ is closed to new replies.