Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Guitarists- talk to me about PRS
  • D28boy
    Free Member

Anybody tried the SE custom 24? Just trying to establish if it’s worth a journey to try one out. They look to be a good guitar for the money but there’s no way I’d buy without trying first!

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve got a PRS Tremonti SE and it’s a great guitar. The only thing is that I live in a flat and can’t play it that often.

It’s for sale if you want to make me an offer: mikek@skylinecad.plus.com

DrRSwank
    Free Member

They are nice guitars.

Go try one and see how it feels / sounds. That’s more important than anything someone can tell you on here…..

scuzz
    Free Member

Find your biggest local friendly guitar shop and tell them how much you want to spend and try everything they have. You’ll probably like the PRS best (they’re really rather lovely), but you never know.
    Make a day of it.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

My eldest has an SE singlecut with custom pickups and coil tap. It is awseome. I wouldn’t mind one of the semi-hollows myself.

meesterbond

Don’t know about the SEs but I used to have a Custom 22… really lovely guitar, incredibly versatile, wish I never sold it.

chupucabra
    Free Member

I’ve played a few, Great guitars, my (and it is just mine ) opinion is that they are a bit pricey for what they are though. I’d look at and try a few other things around that price first.

I’ve got an SE semi hollow custom and I really like it, I’ve also got a generic copy of one with low output staggered pole fender style humbuckers in it, and sounds almost exactly like a Ricky 300 series,which cost less than £240 (£180 before) by the time I’d had the pick ups fitted although the finish ‘aint quite as good as the PRS, both get about the same amount of use.

So……I’d say if you want one get one, but do try plenty of others first…….

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Ive got one, its a lovely guitar. Good tone for a cheap PRS.
    Plays much better than my Ibo RG470

Northwind

I had a Tremonti for a little while, tbh it was pretty badly put together, horrible uneven fretjob and worse soldering than you’d expect in a £150 cheapie. Bought it cheap, fixed it, sold it. Once it was fixed, it was pretty nice, definately worth looking at.

mikey74
    Free Member

You must have had a duff one as mine is briiliant.

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

I’ve been given two over the last few years, gave ’em both away again, not impressed for the money, Both were ok once they’d been given a decent set up, and the shoddy cheap wiring replaced. As people have mentioned above, not as good finish and as you’d expect and overpriced.

I wouldn’t buy one. but if you try it and you’re happy with ,get one but deffo try other stuff as well.

emsz
    Free Member

are PRS those really garish shiney shiney ones? really expensive, like 3 grand kinda price?

chupucabra
    Free Member

Some of ’em retail at about six grand, those are horribly garish.

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

Garish is an understatement……..

emsz
    Free Member

just done a search, yeah them… LOL

expensive much?

Northwind

They don’t have to be garish…

Or all that expensive…
    http://www.dv247.com/guitars/prs-se-singlecut-korina-electric-gutiar-vintage-amber–71275

I’m out of touch, whatever happened with the bloody stupid court cases?

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

kind of the BMW of the guitar world I reckon, not really that great but really,really,really well marketed and branded(PRS give quite a few promo/signature models away to high profile players)and quite aspirational and accordingly overpriced.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

PRS Torero SE – through neck, ESPs, Floyd Rose. Nu-metal tastic

It looks rubbish doesn’t it!?

racefaceec90

I’m out of touch, whatever happened with the bloody stupid court cases?

they (prs) won it.

Northwind

Good stuff, cheers

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

Not a PRS

_tom_
    Free Member

Not always a fan of their looks but they’re nice guitars to play. If you get a satin one or something with a subtle tobaccoburst plaintop they can look awesome.

chipps

I own three ‘proper’ PRS guitars and one SE. I actually play the SE more as it’s super light, sounds great and if I knocked it, it wouldn’t be the end of the world. I’m very tempted to get one of the new SE Santanas too when I’ve saved up…
    Here’s my SE

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Guitarists- talk to me about PRS’ is closed to new replies.