Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Guitar Advice needed for 6 year old girl
  • Punk_Drummer
    Free Member

Hi all,

My Daughter has mentioned that she would like a guitar from Father Christmas, and as a Drummer I don't have a Kin clue so any advice. Don't want to spend much as it will most likley be a passing phase but she does show a lot of intrest in music and playing on my drums and various toy instruments so there might be something in it. However in the same breath don't want something that is to cheap which would be difficult to play if you know what I mean.

Many thanks

PD

plumber
    Free Member

get her a uke – come in 6 string and small and cheap – mine was £30

Quite fun to play actually

john_drummer
    Free Member

being another drummer (no!) I'm not too well versed on stringed things, but I would say nothing bigger than 3/4 size, and even that might be too big for a 6yo.

Do you think she'd have the patience to learn it properly at this age?

john_drummer
    Free Member

actually I nearly mentioned a ukelele but thought better of it 🙁

john_drummer
    Free Member

I normally wouldn't recommend Argos for musical instruments, but…

how about this: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5450411/Trail/searchtext%3EGUITAR.htm

Punk_Drummer
    Free Member

She probably wont have the patience John hence the reason i don't want to pay loads however if she does become a female van halen then don't want to have to go getting another one so that she can actually play reach strings etc,

Most likely her only stipulation would that would have to be Pink

plumber
    Free Member

ukes come in pink – ebay should help

jahwomble
    Free Member

Purple turtle music in Stockport (on Ebay as well), do a half size strat copy in pink and it's about 50/60 quid, a friend who is a pro session player….. his daughter has one, and he reckons it's great, they have an in house guitar tech who is really good and sets everything up before it ships as well.They have a range of pink practice amps as well.

For a six year old, unless she's freakishly large 1/2 size is as big as I would go, 3/4 size would be huge for her. 1/2 size will last her more than long enough to decide if she'll stick with it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Guitar Advice needed for 6 year old girl’ is closed to new replies.