Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Guisborough & Hamsterley Forest trails
  • northeastAndy
    Free Member

I was just flicking through my trail centres book in search of somewhere new to ride in my 3 weeks off thats coming up, as I always tend to ride the same places. (7 stanes, Northumberland and the lakes)
    I came across a page on Guisborough Forest,

Has anyone done the black route there? If so, whats it like?

Also, Going to have a day or 2 at Hamsterley as its been a good 10years since i last rode there, whats the score with the downhill course there?
    I ve tried to look at the Hamsterley website but its blocked at work.

Any idea how long it takes to push/ride to the top, where to pay, cost etc?
    Any info would be hugely appreciated.

ta very much

Andy

Pippalarge
    Free Member

The black route is OK but it's the unofficial trails that make Guisborough worth riding – they're not easy to find so best to find a local who knows what's what.

Well worth checking out http://www.mtbguisborough.co.uk – there's regular rides organised on Tues, Weds and Thurs evenings and most weekends. Otherwise send me a PM and if i'm free i'd be happy to show you round.

northeastAndy
    Free Member

Thanks Pippalarge,

Due to limited time back in the UK I end up doing most of my riding during the day on weekdays.
    I'm not back for another few weeks but will drop you a PM closer the time and hopefully sort something.

Thanks again!

keavo
    Free Member

as above, you need a guide to get the most out of guisborough. i work shifts, mostly ride midweek daytime so if pippalarge isn't available try me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Guisborough & Hamsterley Forest trails’ is closed to new replies.