Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Guilty pleasures: the lie in
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

After the dreadful forecast there were no takers for today's two club rides so I happily stayed in bed. It's great to doze, luxuriating in the warmth and absently listening to the rain lashing the window, but eventually I start feeling guilty about wasting time I could put to better use. I wish I could find a way to escape the guilt 🙂

5thElefant
    Free Member

Some light self-flagellation with an old chain maybe?

brakes
    Free Member

You can't feel guilt whilst asleep though can you?

I find sitting and watching TV in my pants 'til 3 on a Sunday a much guiltier pleasure

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

You can't feel guilt whilst asleep though can you?

I did say 'dozing' which isn't the same thing, and even when I'm asleep I know what time it is…

thomthumb
    Free Member

when I'm asleep I know what time it is…

no you don't!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

no you don't!

I don't know how else I could wake up at whatever time I choose…

Esme
    Free Member

Did you get up especially to post on STW? Or are you still in bed, and using a laptop/Blackberry/Smartphone?

It's probably the guilt that makes it so enjoyable . . .

zaskar
    Free Member

Actually people do have internal clocks mine is set for 7am but I can wake up at any time pretty much before my alarm goes off.

Simon I would stay in bed too but have to get up for work otherwise as a student I would have been in bed till 2pm :O)

Just got home and I'm off for quick catnap, then housework/fix bike.

clareymorris

And there was us thinking you hadn't copme on the Kirkby Stephen ride because you were busy with the boggies………………..you may have made the right choice on this day however, the staying in bed choice!!!

Gary_C

I'm the same,was supposed to be on a club ride today,woke up early enough,took a look at the weather,decided I couldn't be @rsed,so went back to sleep…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

And there was us thinking you hadn't copme on the Kirkby Stephen ride because you were busy with the boggies

when I realised there'd be no Boggies ride I did consider asking for a lift, but then I reckoned deepest Yorkshire would be seriously shite 🙂

wimp-o-Barnes

john_drummer
    Free Member

but then I reckoned deepest Yorkshire would be seriously shite

not possible. the weather in deepest Yorkshire is, however, seriously shite 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

not possible. the weather in deepest Yorkshire is, however, seriously shite

no, you're right, I meant the weather – Yorkshire itself is lovely :o)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Enjoy the rest.

But if your mind wanders into negative thoughts, get up and do some tidying/cleaning or sommat productive.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

But if your mind wanders into negative thoughts

oh, I wouldn't categorise it that badly, just an ennui 🙂

Blurboy
    Free Member

Went out yesterday to avoid weather …..and still woke at 7 this morning, breakfast in bed for wife, and still felt guilty about not riding today!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Guilty pleasures: the lie in’ is closed to new replies.