• This topic has 148 replies, 88 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Nick.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 149 total)
  • Guilty pleasures – Bad films that you like.
  • Harry_the_Spider

Mine. 😳

Nothing can stop us now JJ!

yossarian
    Free Member

Dogma

emma82
    Free Member

Never ending story 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

OK can’t believe I’m going to admit to this but in the spirit of fun:

The Princess Bride
    Clueless – probably something to do with Alicia Silverstone in an a-line skirt and thigh length socks!
    Whinnie the Pooh

billybob
    Free Member

with the scores on imdb I wouldn’t call The Princess Bride or Clueless bad films…

Personally I like Deep Blue Sea.

firestarter
    Free Member

Crocodile dundee 😉

hora
    Free Member

Enter the Dragon.
    Planet of the Apes (original).
    Logans Run.

All cheesy, dated yet all very good and surprisingly some great acting in Planet of the Apes.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Flashdance… what a feeling 😳

billybob
    Free Member

The original Time Machine

Onzadog
    Free Member

I love the princess bride. It certainly doesn’t belong in this thread. Highly under-rated in my opinion.

I do love short circuit though. I’m pretty sure that belongs here.

bazzer
    Free Member

Yep Princess bride is one of my favourite films.

Don’t know of anyone who has seen it who does not like it.

After all its got “swordplay, giants, an evil prince, a beautiful princess, and yes, some kissing”

geetee1972
    Free Member

I love the princess bride. It certainly doesn’t belong in this thread. Highly under-rated in my opinion.

My god you’ve no idea how relieved I am! I’ve been carrying around that guilty secret for waaaay too long. I especially love the fact that there are a lot of scenes shot in the white and the dark peak. You can even see Higgar Tor in the background at one point.

My name is Inigo Montoya
    You killed my father
    Prepare to die

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

The Titfield Thunderbolt and many other similar films 😀

nickf
    Free Member

Loads of them:

Top Gun
    Tomb Raider
    The Blues Brothers
    The Sound of Music
    Notting Hill
    Love Actually
    The Scarlet Pimpernel (OK, that’s a TV series)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Con-Air (well some of you think it’s bad)
    Love, Actually
    Nanny McPhee

Oi NickF you’ve added some of those since I made my post!!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Genteel1972, I believe you can actually get t-shirt with that quote on them.

djglover
    Free Member

American werewolf in london

nickf
    Free Member

TSY – I know, I saw that you’d put Love Actually, remembered that I’ve got not one but two copies of the DVD, and thought I better confess.

nbt

princess bride and blues brothers are both class films and not guilty secrets in any way.

Nanny McPhee though, I like that, and the sequel too.

clubber
    Free Member

Several of the above but my number 1 is Hackers. Aside from anything else it has a brilliant soundtrack that is exactly of it’s time and brings back excellent memories 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

Aside from anything else it has a brilliant soundtrack that is exactly of it’s time and brings back excellent memories

When Angelina gets her norks out? Yes, me too. 😉

mos

Ghostbusters.
    “where do these stairs go?”
    “they go up!”

Genius

clubber
    Free Member

samuri – LOL – yes, had forgotten that bit, honest 😳

chiefgrooveguru

Yep Princess bride is one of my favourite films.
    Don’t know of anyone who has seen it who does not like it.

I saw it in the Cinema for a friend’s 9th birthday, rewatched it for the first time last year… So unimpressed that we switched it off about 20 minutes from the end, though the next day I watched the rest whilst Mrs CGG was out, to see if it got better or I was missing anything. It didn’t and I don’t think I did.

For those that really rate it, what other comedy films/series do you rate really highly? I’m perplexed that it’s so popular but it didn’t tickle my funny bone at all!

iDave
    Free Member

I really like this, and I know deep down in my heart I should be culled for it. Maybe it’s Sandra Bullock, maybe it’s the quirky plot. I know it’s wrong, please forgive me, or make it swift…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

iDave – I almost said ‘While you were Sleeping’ but realised that it was purely for Ms Bullock and I’ve not attempted to watch it in the last 10 or so years. Having said that I do seem to keep catching the films where she’s an undercover cop at beauty pageants.

nickf
    Free Member

How could I forget Speed.

Wooden acting (particulary from Canoe Reeves, though Dennis Hopper’s simply appalling as well), terrible script, but saved by the delicious Sandra Bullock.

Demolition Man is equally as bad, saved in the same manner (Sandra B in a uniform, can’t go wrong), and although terrible, is a film I have genuine affection for and could watch at any time.

willard

The best Ghostbusters quote has to be “Listen. Can you smell something?”

I still have a place in my heart for Bad Taste as a bad film, even though it’s now a cult film. It is pretty bad though.

Hackers is genuinely dire though. It’s only worth watching for the young Ms. Jolie…

hora
    Free Member

Sandra Bullock is still lush. In 95 I had all her posters on my uni room wall! 8)

PaulWilkinson
    Free Member

Killer Klowns from Outer Space………..

warton
    Free Member

Clueless – probably something to do with Alicia Silverstone in an a-line skirt and thigh length socks!

+1 I love that film, I also loved 90210, the original, back in the late 80’s / early 90’s

anokdale
    Free Member

Flashdance again 😳

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. (Raindrops keep falling on my head scene)

nickf as some of my favs on his list 😳

Anything with Sandra Bullock in to be fair. 😳

Idave PMSL at “you should be culled”

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Street fighter
    Commando
    The Warriors
    Krull
    Escape from LA & NY
    Silent Running

+1 for Logans Run & Hackers, everything said previously about Hackers is why I like it.

clubber
    Free Member

Ah, yes, Demolition Man – ‘great’ film 🙂

(and the monologue from Dennis Leary is a part of one of his standup shows/rants which is actually really good too – it’s hard to believe most of the soppy/crap acting he’s done if you know him from his standup stuff)

Admiralable
    Free Member

Double Impact.
    Jay and Silent Bob strike back.
    Knight Rider – Flight of the Phoenix
    The Dukes of Hazzard
    Under Siege

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If someone says Life Cycles they definitely should be culled.
    I don’t think the appearance of both Sandra and Alicia could’ve saved that one!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Anything siwht Kurt Russel or Michael Douglas.

jon1973
    Free Member

Has to be Roadhouse. Everything you ever needed to know about being a ‘cooler’. Just remember ‘pain don’t hurt’.

iDave
    Free Member

I met Sandra’s ex hubby and I should have just taken him out, in a prophetic revenge type thing, and stolen her away before her heart was broken…… kinda

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 149 total)

The topic ‘Guilty pleasures – Bad films that you like.’ is closed to new replies.