Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Guildford to Farnborough off-road
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Well I did the Blackwater trail linked with the Christmas pie trail. The second half of the Christmaspie across the common was surprisingly entertaining. Especially so with my commuter lights on!

allthepies
    Free Member

Nice one! Did you go through Wood Street or follow the trail which skirts around it ?

molgrips
    Free Member

There’s a trail around Wood Street? Last night I just followed the CP trail it brought me out in the housing estate near my hotel, without going into Wood Street.

This morning though I am just going around the range cos I need to be in asap. Must get off STW.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I wheeled my bike half into the doorway so I could ask him if he had any maps.
    He kept telling me not to bring my bike into the shop and would not even listen to me for a moment, even as I was turning to leave. If there’s one thing I can’t stand it’s not being allowed to speak! GRRR!!

Aww man. I’m with you on that one.

As you come into Wood Street from Guildford way you go over a hill (shop on the right) and down again, there like a big green with houses round it and a pond on the right of the road. Did you go left up a track behind the houses there?

molgrips
    Free Member

Nope, I didn’t, not this morning anyway what with me being in my usual hurry.

It was dark last night and I followed the CP trail so I dunno where that took me. All I saw was trees and singletrack and some little pictures of christmas puddings in the undergrowth. Looking at the map leaflet it looks like I went entirely to the south of the village.

molgrips
    Free Member

Got the hybrid this week, so I reckon it’s road all the way. The A323 looks like the only reasonable option….?

offthebrakes
    Free Member

If you’d prefer a bit of a climb and slightly less intrusive traffic, then climb Tunnel Hill via the road from Mytchett, then Pirbright-Fox Corner-Worplesdon. A323 is pretty much a flat blast, for you and the cars.

Although plenty of idiots overtaking inappropriately whichever way you choose.

If you do go via Pirbright, be aware that the minor road to the west (past the church) is partly one-way (westbound). So take the B3405 when going east.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Guildford to Farnborough off-road’ is closed to new replies.