• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Guidebook for "Creative Writing"? Inspiration required.
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

Not really creative writing as such, more along the lines of “today write 500 words of non fiction about a historical event”, “tomorrow write a two way conversation, in the third person, about food.” Etc etc.

After failing to accept my place on an English literature course a decade ago, I’m long overdue some practice. Hopefully I will be doing some Open University education next year to rectify that error in judgment.

scaredypants

sorry, can’t help, was just wondering how long you spent checking your grammar and spellen before posting

(please reply in the manner of a well-to-do lady in the deep southern USA, circa 1850)

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

Not a guidebook exactly but is related. war of art steven pressfield is very good if your struggling to get it started. According to the writers i have known reading short stories are the best training, With Raymond Carver being a favourite.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Have you considered doing a creative writing MOOC to get you started?

midlifecrashes

tumblr has quite a community of amateur/fan fiction and writers, quite supportive as internet things go.

CaptJon
    Free Member
    Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Stephen King’s ‘On Writing’? I found it insightful, entertaining and inspiring

DrJ
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Guidebook for "Creative Writing"? Inspiration required.’ is closed to new replies.