Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 144 total)
  • Guess who I just had a few pints with?
  • GrahamS

Elfinsafety (aka FredDibnah, aka RudeBoy, aka PaddedBra aka The Bahyned One)

He has bravely ventured out of his beloved Lahndan Tahn to bitter Northumberland.
    Have to say, he and I have had a fair few debates on here in the past, but he is a thoroughly nice bloke in the flesh.

He says “Hi”. 😀

johndoh
    Free Member

You should be banned for this.

molgrips
    Free Member

He is indeed a thorougly nice bloke, once you talk to him in real life you see how his online persona isn’t really all that antagonistic, it’s just his rhetorical style.

Had a few socials with him and others when I was down in London, good times.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scaredypants

… is it true – y’know, what they say ?

GrahamS

Very.

johndoh
    Free Member

Tbh, I always thought he was a nice bloke until he hunted down my Twitter account just to shout more at be, since then I have just realised he’s a bit mentalist. Can’t be doing with people like that.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Anyoldiron?

GrahamS

John: one of my earliest encounters with him, back in the day, involved him emailing me and threatening me 😀

But in all honesty he’s a genuinely nice guy.

McHamish
    Free Member

Well this is a disappointing guessing game.

CountZero

Always liked him, in his various incarnations over the years, and I particularly miss his architecture threads. Say ‘hi’, from me, and send my best wishes. 😀
    I’m seldom up in That London on my own, otherwise I’d find out how to contact him and arrange to meet up for a brew.
    Actually, if anyone has any contact details, next time I’m up there, I’ll get in touch, and see if we can arrange something, it would be nice to meet up with someone who has kept me entertained for such a long time. 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

what’s he doing in Northumberland! lol.

user-removed
    Free Member

Does he / you / anyone else fancy a ride on Thursday? Keilder? Hamsterley? Got a spare bike if needs be.

Kevevs
    Free Member

“nice” isn’t a word I’d use. “Nice”
    is kind of boring. Elf
    isn’t boring.

aP
    Free Member

Just tell him he’s missed 2 good days of Cross…
    Need to catch up with him soon – say hi!

julianwilson
    Free Member

Hi elfin 😀

My kids met him at one of the BBB’s and they thought he was funny (in a good way) too.

I last saw him in Team Bullheart at this year’s 24/12 -the one with the red storm warning where half the field including Bullheart hq flooded, and loads of campers gave up and went home before it even started. No wonder he never leaves Lahndan. 😆

yunki
    Free Member

he is a prophet

leffeboy

Elfinsafety (aka FredDibnah, aka RudeBoy, aka PaddedBra aka The Bahyned One)

That’s not the full list, is it
    At its best, his style was very enjoyable.

GrahamS

Does he / you / anyone else fancy a ride on Thursday? Keilder? Hamsterley? Got a spare bike if needs be.

Thanks for the offer but he’s only here till Monday and I’m working on Thursday.

Actually, if anyone has any contact details, next time I’m up there, I’ll get in touch

Do you Facebook? If so search for “Elfinsafety Dibnah”, if not I’ll ask him to email you.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Thoroughly missed.

Klunk
    Free Member

not really “au fait” with the concept of guess are we Graham 😉

rob-jackson
    Free Member
    khani
    Free Member

You should be Banned banned for this

😀 Hia Fred…
    Edit STW spellchecker.. Spell banned with a Fred b a y n e d and it comes up as banned,
    he must have proper pissed em off… 😆

jota180
    Free Member

He was going by the moniker ‘mikeconnor’ on here recently.

julianwilson
    Free Member

^ naaaah

Does everyone new on here who comes over all lefty on the political threads get accused of being Elfin? 😆

If he was , he changed his written style and the sorts of “on topic” things he typed about. Elfin wouldn’t need to be asking about front mechs and chainring compaitibility, this is just the sort of question he used to be able to answer for other folk on the bike forum.

I remember a few years ago “outing” a “new login but obviously pushing everyone’s buttons” member as Elfin/Fred. Turns out it was actually Glupton on his umpteenth anonymous reappearance on the forum. 😆

binners

He texts me to call me a racist from time to time. Purely coincidentally, its whenever I’m engaged in a rational and calm debate with mikeconnor on here. I’m sure the two things aren’t related

molgrips
    Free Member

He can be rather more er.. enthusiastic than the situation demands. Which is why he rants the way he does. But there’s no malice there, it’s just the physical manifestation of the Elf.. it’s the area where the sphere of Elf intersects the plane of the internet…

There is much more to him, as there is with the rest of us. I can be doing with people like that, people who come over a bit strangely, because I know exactly how it feels.. and if no-one had the time to work their way around other people’s odd behaviour, I wouldn’t have any friends or a family of my own!

khani
    Free Member

I went for a bike ride with him and he wipped my legs with nettles and called me names all the way round..
    Apart from that he’s sound…

bullheart
    Free Member

He’s a very good man, with a strong sense of justice.

As has been alluded to, he’s deeply misunderstood.

davidjones15
    Free Member

he’s deeply misunderstood.

As the recipient of an uncalled for and unprovoked verbal lashing from him, I can see clearly how he can be misunderstood.
    EDIT: He was also incorrect in his accusations and ranting. 😆

crikey
    Free Member

Hmmmm…

The thinly veiled paedo accusations were not the work of a balanced mind, I hope he has improved his mental health…

ton

he must be a ok bloke if i like him…………. 8)

Tom-B
    Free Member

Wasn’t it suggested that he had mental health issues around the time of his banning? He came across as a thoroughly unpleasant chap much of the time on here-but everyone that’s met him says how nice he is in real life. I guess that’s just how some people act on the interweb.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Elfinsafety Dibnah – Born 1972. Hardly a man than! Still a yoof!

bullheart
    Free Member

I spoke to him about the ‘Paedo’ thing on twitter. He stated that he had no intention of his comment coming across in such a way.

As a former teacher, I know how damaging such a statement can be. I fully agree with those that say it was wrong. I have disagreed with a number of things he has said and done. Despite this, he has a very genuine desire to help people less fortunate than himself, and frequently does so in his community and with friends.

luke
    Free Member

An example of an internet persona not being the same as the person in real life.
    I’ve also met him in the flesh and he’s nothing like he can come across on the internet.

mattjevans
    Free Member

Sean Connery

mattjevans
    Free Member

Oh, we’re not actually guessing. My mistake…

Mantastic
    Free Member

Why are we classing him as misunderstood? He was constantly offensive, no excuse at all for his behaviour.He is a pecker of the highest order

M6TTF
    Free Member

Didn’t gel with me I’m afraid. Kind of bloke that would argue with his own reflection

atlaz
    Free Member

I don’t know him in real life but his online persona was rarely pleasant on here for those who he didn’t agree with. Meaning well is all well in real life and good but you shouldn’t treat people like crap online either.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘Guess who I just had a few pints with?’ is closed to new replies.