Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Guess who? (blood content, warning for squeamish people)
  • nbt

We had a nice little jaunt yesterday around rivington, just like hundreds of other people it would appear! As we were in the carpark preparing to go, we bumped into a forum regular who graced us with his presence and local knowledge. We had a cracking ride: the rain held off until after we’d finished and the ground conditions were pretty good. Not perfect sadly, as the aforementioned regular lost it on a greasy road and used his arm as a brake.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It looked pretty horrible, even after it had been cleaned up, and we all reckoned he should visit A+E to get it looked at, although he was less bothered about it – apparently he considered it a mere flesh wound, but said he’d get it checked out and let us know how it went.

I quote from his mail this morning;

Well thanks for all the concern and help today. If I’d have been by myself I’d have just ridden off with a shrug and rinsed it off in the shower later. Thanks to Ian too. If you can pass that on it would be great, ta.

It’s been a pretty poor day for me, you see despite meeting you lot and having a great ride, when I fell off(I think), my GPS fell out of my camelbak 🙁
    That’s 120 quid down the drain. Or it could have been the first time I stopped to take pictures or maybe when we stopped to clean up my elbow. Ho hum. Hopefully it’ll lie there for a while till I get chance to go back and have a look.

Anyway. I got home, had a shower, went down the hospital. Over two hours later I got seen by a nurse for treatment. The triage nurse had already declared me low priority so I;d sat in the waiting room watching everyone roll past me for at least an hour.
    Then a very pretty nurse spent over twenty minutes scrubbing gravel out of my arm with a nice stiff brush. Obviously I declined any pain relief and therefore obviously it hurt immensely. It didn;t matter though, I just spent my time looking into the nurses beautiful grey eyes.

End result though, no stitches because the tissue wasn’t torn, only the skin. She used those rubber strips to keep the flaps of skin together and suggested I change the dressing on Wednesday.

Any guesses as to who it might be? Will post pics of the cleaned wound later:)

Jamie
    Free Member

Any guesses as to who it might be?

Jesus?

donsimon
    Free Member

It wasn’t me, I think I would have remembered. 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

nurse spent over twenty minutes scrubbing gravel out of my arm with a nice stiff brush. Obviously I declined any pain relief and therefore obviously it hurt immensely

No! Really??

Oof. Makes me wince just thinking about it…

snowslave

Ermm Don Johnson from Miami Vice with his sleeves rolled up again?

I_Ache
    Free Member

SFB?

hora
    Free Member

Its not Lowey is it? Bad luck if it is 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

fizzer?
    Well he was there yesterday I saw him
    Lowey – he has blue coat- no gps though
    KingKongs finger

nbt

He only rolled the sleeves up so Nurse Ian could get at the wound, and he did wear socks (I think, anyway) so Don Johnson is not right. Not sure about Jesus, I didn’t see him walking on water or anything, could be the Son of God I suppose

He is renowned as a bit of a hardman, so I’m not surprised he didn’t accept pain relief, he didn’t even flinch when Nurse Ian did the initial cleaning.

The wound after some cleaning.

allthepies
    Free Member

samuri

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Surf Matt?

U31
    Free Member

AWESOME!

donsimon
    Free Member

Surely Surf-Mat would have walked away without a scratch, leaving irreparable damage to the earth’s surface. 😉

nbt

allthepies – Member

samuri

and allthepies takes it, it was the mention of being a renowned hardman wasn’t it/?!

BTW Ricoh cameras SUCK big time. Mine’s been back for repair FOUR times so far, and having come back only a few weeks ago is ALREADY failing in the same way as the things that was supposedly fixed! GRRRR 👿

KINGTUT – Member

Surf Matt?

*NOT* awesome enough

stevemakin

Samuri

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Ben Elton?

stevemakin

it was the staring at the nurses eyes bit that gave him away for me

allthepies
    Free Member

and allthepies takes it, it was the mention of being a renowned hardman wasn’t it/?

Na, it was the fact he’d fallen off 😉

boblo
    Free Member

Wunt have been Surf-Mat, he was too busy on here boring for England on how to drive chipped Saxo’s properly… 😉

Drac

‘Tis but a scratch!

Surely Surf-Mat would have walked away without a scratch, leaving irreparable damage to the earth’s surface.

😆

Coyote
    Free Member

Yup, had the old scrubbing brush on the open wound treatment. Only mine wasn’t by a pretty female nurse with gorgeous eyes. Mine was by a male Autralian nurse with hatred in his eyes for all things English after we won the Ashed off them in 2004 I think. It hurt. A lot.

Bunnyhop

Glad you’re o.k Samuri.

I offered to kiss it better, he flinched more at that, than the actual infliction of Ian and his rubber fingers.

lowey

He is renowned as a bit of a hardman

That ruled me out at an early stage!

And I cant remember seeing any application forms to ride my land!

Healing vibes Jon, looked pretty nasty cleaned up.

toss
    Free Member

I knew it wasn’t Lowey but IF it had have been I’d have known…. He would still be in hospital, on a drip, hooked up to Life Support & on morphine & recanting tales of how utterly horrific it was for him – coz deep down he’s a big, hairy tart. Latest “injury” case in point 😉

T

tazzymtb

Can’t be a “hardman” didn’t sort it himself with a stiff bristled brush, some swearing a bottle of iodine. 😀

U31
    Free Member

Did he find his lost kit?

M6TTF
    Free Member

A real hardman wouldn’t have come off in the firstplace. Points redeemed for not wearing Mincy elbow protection though 😉

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Guess who? (blood content, warning for squeamish people)’ is closed to new replies.