Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Guess what happened – Google Steet View cycle crash
  • swisstony
    Free Member

Apologies if this has been posted before, nothing came up on a search, found from Street View, not sure how it has happened but i know which rider i’s rather be!

mugsys_m8

‘Interesting’ Fact No. 1: He’s wearing a Petzl meteor climbing helmet.

theflatboy
    Free Member

if i was the lower rider i’d be thinking, “thank god i’m not wearing a helmet right now.”

swisstony
    Free Member

yeh i’d noticed that, it’s difficult to make out his bike maybe he’s just jumped down from climbing a building!

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Is there definately two bikes there??

andywhit
    Free Member

Hi-viz jumped a red light ?

miketually
    Free Member

There’s what looks like a front wheel and a set of handlebars in front of the climber’s foot.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I reckon the ‘climber’ emerged from a manhole (ooh er missus) and took out the red light jumper.

Junkyard
    Free Member

unicycle with niche helmet?

swisstony
    Free Member

you can make out climbers bike underneath hi-viz but they seem to be in opposite directions as oppose to a ‘normal’ side on shunt. Maybe hi-viz didn’t like being overtaken so just lay down on the other guy?

Milkie
    Free Member

I think the climber was turning right at those lights, down towards Lakota 🙂

MrAgreeable

Given that this happened at Stokes Croft in Bristol, I imagine that one of them had become distracted by his tin of Special Brew while the other one was try to roll a mid-ride spliff.

takisawa2

The climber clearly has a dimishing erection…
    He is gay, & the erection was for the bloke levitating above the side road.
    Problem is ol’ flouro wearer spotted it, leapt from his moving bike, & fell to the floor.
    That bird in the background, now she’s gagging for it & about to sprint to said gay man, in an effort to convert him.

richc
    Free Member

got to be a red light jumper, a friend lives near there and comments that he has nearly hit 4 cyclists jumping light in that bit of stokes croft, most people don’t even bother looking/slowing down so cars t-bone them.

I think thats why the Police now monitor that bit of road and fine the muppets who don’t understand traffic lights/junctions

redthunder
    Free Member

Cant be Bristol. as all the bikes have stolen 😉

brack
    Free Member

Looks more like a middle aged woman who has been downed…doubt she is your typical red light jumping sort?

Flatties on a shopping bike….hardly a courier is she?

molgrips
    Free Member

doubt she is your typical red light jumping sort

I’ve seen all sorts jumping reds. Grannies, respectable businessmen, kids, the lot.

I think climber was coming up the hill there, look at his momentum. Probably going diagonally across the junction from the pavement I’d guess – avoiding the traffic regulations.

richc
    Free Member

and you wonder why car drivers hate cyclists 🙄

theflatboy
    Free Member

richc – Member

and you wonder why car drivers hate cyclists

is the correct answer “jealousy”?

Pook

the road he comes out of is one way

Milkie
    Free Member

I think climber was coming up the hill there

Damn I’m bored, he wasnt coming up the hill.. He was coming from the centre, going the same way as the google car, then turning right at those lights. I’ve looked at the other google street view pics, when this was posted on the first day of street view 😉

But now that section of road is not on streetview! 👿

richc
    Free Member

is the correct answer “jealousy”?

I suspect that might not be the answer.

tinsy
    Free Member

I think Hi vis can probably save it, he still has one hand on the bars = control, he is probably just dragging that elbow to showboat Rossi style…

Climber has spotted the chippy and is sprinting for a Pukka Pie n chips..

brack
    Free Member

Now that would be worth seeing….

A liqourice sweet jumping a Man Utd fan!

MrK
    Free Member

has that section of street been removed from streetview?

colande
    Free Member
    acjim
    Free Member

The levitating man was in fact a skateboard dude…

tinsy
    Free Member

Hi vis still has his hand on the bars, if it were me I wouldnt call it a crash…

The climber now has the pie n chips in his backpack and is wondering why Hi vis was riding 2 bikes…

brack
    Free Member

I was right it was a middle aged lady….on a shopper…

Shame no one got my Man Utd joke though…. 😥

bigsi
    Free Member

I think the reason why Hi-Vis hasn’t let go of the bars is because she doesn’t want to get her bike pinched,, well it is Bristol after all 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

He was coming from the centre, going the same way as the google car, then turning right at those lights.

How then do you explain the angle of his bike, Hi-viz’s direction of fall and his direction of bailing out?

Doesn’t make sense anyway.

tinsy
    Free Member

Hi vis is definately still styling, note the one finger brake technique, and sus forks on a shopper?

brack
    Free Member

Now I know this is going to sound a tad paranoid…but is anyone else suspecting that this gruesome scene has undertones of a conspiracy theory?

Far too many variables too pin the cause down to any one person…and far too many shady suspects within the vicinity.

Could the chap in the background ( walking down the hill) be a ‘wiggle secret agent’? It certainly looks like a small surface to air missile that he is conveniently carrying….with an arrogant check over his shoulder to make sure his mission is complete.

The skate boarder is a decoy, a second sniper is located top right in the picture.

Question is….

Would they have had time to reload??

theflatboy
    Free Member

the skateboarder’s definitely a decoy – he appears to have changed from goofy to regular between the two shots.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

She jumped the lights and he went the wrong way down a one way street?

user-removed
    Free Member

They were both staring at the Google car’s unwieldy apparatus and crashed into each other. Bet it’s caused a few car crashes too…

richc
    Free Member

yep my money is on she jumped the lights, he was riding the wrong way up the one-way street, both were staring at the car and hit each other.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Guess what happened – Google Steet View cycle crash’ is closed to new replies.