Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • GT/Inners – what sort of state are they in?
  • smogmonster

Im gonna head up there tomorrow. I know the tracks will be fine, what about any logging or fallen trees? Any sections closed? A couple are mentioned on the website, any else? Anyone heading that way tomorrow?

ohrats
    Free Member

In terms of GT, Pennel’s Vennel and Blue Velvet are closed due to logging. Although the top blue loop is closed off, Betty Blue is still open on it’s own.

rickon
    Free Member

Yes, so expect a long fireroad climb diversion all the way to Spooky wood.

Its steepish, every rider I passed yesterday was pushing up, not riding.

So… Just expect it, and know it takes you to the top. I’d do spooky wood, ride Betty blue, and then turn left at the bottom to hook up with deliverance and redemption to make it more worth it, and have more singletrack. Grab a map, and make up your route.

coogan
    Free Member

You can ride up the fire road as usual, it’s all open again. Berm, baby berm is closed and the first red decent is closed. Everything else is open from what I saw yesterday. At Innerleithen today, only pushing up and playing on the DH trails as it was so bloody windy. Trails muddy, but superb fun. Far as I can tell, it’s all open.

smogmonster

Well I did the Black route in the end..it was basically a river from the super steep climb before the switchbacks upto Britney Spears..until the Transmitter where it was snow and ice, before turning another river down Deliverance. Ive never seen it so wet…and the buckets of water where my feet used to be were testament..knee length sealskins under Shimano GoreTex boots. Some debut for the new Stereo 29er.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘GT/Inners – what sort of state are they in?’ is closed to new replies.