Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Gtech K9 AiRam vs Dyson V6 – anyone used both?
  • yoshimi

To be used as a one and only vacuum in a house with hard floors, carpets and 2 cats that shed continuously!

cranberry
    Free Member

Only seen the K9 in action, in a house with this:

and the World’s Most Pointlessly Thick Carpet* – it works surprisingly well.

* Last time I was asked to hoover it I threatened to mow it instead.

khani
    Free Member

The Gtechs upright only, no tools if that makes any difference, you have to get the hand held one as well to do anything other than the floor, I think with the Dyson you can fit different bits on the bottom,

kilo

Standard STW response ignoring your declared choices. Just get a Henry or Hetty, much better than a Dyson

jamj1974

G-Tech works for us as an everyday vacuum with the Dyson for more heavy duty cleaning.

tjagain

Meile here – far superior to anything else I have used. Even got a brush attachment that can cope with out 150yr old uneven floorboards and it sucks all the crap out of the gaps in the boards.

johnnystorm

Getting a Henry misses the point, can’t speak for the gtech but the Dyson is great. Rather than dragging a lump about the house into every skirting board and tripping over cables you just do 20 mins vaccing and then stick it back on charge. Job jobbed.

johnnystorm

My Miele just lives under the stairs now, it might have more oomph but it’s loads more faff.

yoshimi

I think johnnystorm knows what I’m after – with 2 sets of stairs in the house, our ‘now dead’ 10 year old Dyson upright was just a pain, hence I’m looking for something maneuverable, but with good power

DezB
    Free Member

Livin the life eh fellas?

IHN

Standard STW response ignoring your declared choices. Just get a Henry or Hetty, much better than a Dyson

Standard contrary STW response; Henry’s are in no way as good as Dysons. Our cleaner used the Henry she brought with her rather than our Dyson for weeks. When the dog started itching a lot we suspected the cleaner’s Henry wasn’t getting enough stuff out of the carpets. One go with the Dyson across the lounge and it was full…

kilo

Conversely our cleaner asked us to get a Henry when we replaced our Dyson, maybe the correct answer for th OP is get a cleaner 😉

Kato

I have a V6. Its very handy but the build quality is poor. It’s a wobbly POS after 5 months use and the motor keeps cutting out

dooosuk
    Free Member

… the motor keeps cutting out

That’ll be something partially blocking a sensor inside or a filter needing a clean I reckon. My handheld does it, but a thorough dismantle and clean and it’s back working again.

khani
    Free Member

Henrys are only good if you’re a builder, they’re pita round a house,
    Rock n roll DezB, rock n roll..

footflaps

… the motor keeps cutting out

Our does that when the filter is blocked with ash from the fire….

mattbee

Henry for most stuff, V6 for quick in between cleans. Henry is awesome & 12 years old now but still going strong.
    V6 can’t quite manage the whole house if I use the powered head thing on all of it but it seems to cope well with the vast quantity of dog and wife hair in our gaff.

jairaj

Henrys are strong and cheap. They are not very good at actually sucking up dirt.

Both Dyson and G-tech get good reviews as said already the G-tech is upright only. I was going to say pop into a store and have a feel for which one will work better for you but I think G-tech is mail order only?

Also consider Bosch cordless too they get very good reviews.

cranberry
    Free Member

Gtech you can ( could ? ) get in John Lewis stores.

ChrisA
    Free Member

^^^^mattbee has it

We have both & for a quick run around, the v6 is fine for that but it won’t make it round the whole house & doesn’t pick up anywhere near as much as our Henry. The v6’s motor pulsing & constantly getting blocked with dog & cat hair in our house is a proper pain too. I don’t bother with the dyson any more, it’s less faff to just use the Henry.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Gtech K9 AiRam vs Dyson V6 – anyone used both?’ is closed to new replies.