Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • GTech E-Bike
  • Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Just seen these advertised on TV.

http://www.gtech.co.uk/ebike.html

Not sure how the specs relate to the price as I’m not up to date on e-commuter-bike prices.

Good for the price?

Cheers, Steve

oldtalent
    Free Member

I’m very interested in these, they have popped onto my radar recently. They actually look styled rather than a lump of pig iron & a home-brew looking electronics kit attached.
    For £995 with the pack they are £800 cheaper than a few months ago when they launched. They probably didnt sell well at the original retail price, so maybe they are offloading stock now & wont continue with the model?
    The 14 day hassle free trial looks appealing, but I would dearly like to demo an ebike before spending regardless.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

I was wondering how the hub works, I wondered if it was similar to my Toyota CVT until it runs out of spin and you are on your own.

Cheer, Steve

monkeychild
    Free Member

Seems like a good deal for just under £1k. Personally, I’d want disc brakes.

drlex
    Free Member

Had a marketing email about this yesterday, so had a look on-line.
    One gear and carbon belt – could be a limitation and a faff re-tensioning. Surprising no 3-speed hub gearing.
    It’s only a 5.6Ah battery, so smaller capacity than many others. Don’t lose it, or get it pinched from the frame, as it’s £299 for a spare battery!
    Limited detail about the components, so hard to assess the build cost. Advertising copy appears to aim it at non-cyclist or someone who hasn’t cycled for decades.
    Seems reasonably light; prob. ideal for commuting a few miles in a flat city, but I bet you could find better value. You’d be paying for convenience/simplicity.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Warranty?
    Servicing?
    Back up?
    Performance?
    Reliability?

All of those can be yours if you buy Bosch or Shimano Steps. Personally, having ridden and worked on more ebikes than most, I wouldn’t buy that, I’d stick with what I know works.

oldtalent
    Free Member

So can you suggest something suitable under £1000 then?

TiRed

Used Kalkhoff from 50 cycles web page would be my option. Plenty of choice there.

http://www.50cycles.com/electric-bikes/used-ebikes.html

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘GTech E-Bike’ is closed to new replies.