Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,557 total)
  • GTA V
  • Drac

The Blimp codes aren’t woking yet probably because the store is overloaded.

JEngledow GTA V won’t be cheaper for many a month not weeks and even then it’ll be small price drop.

Bregante

Having not had a games console since the first Sega Mega Drive and having seen those Tesco GTA V deals on the other page, is the Xbox deal or the Playstation a better option?

JEngledow
    Free Member

JEngledow GTA V won’t be cheaper for many a month not weeks and even then it’ll be small price drop.

Fair enough, but it doesn’t matter now as I’ve got a copy, but not the memory 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    racefaceec90

damn you all 😉

i think i can live off of beans on toast for a few weeks (won’t be able to help myself,buying the game on thursday at tesco’s,as it seems the cheapest high street shop that sells it).am VERY excited about getting it/playing it now.

p.s what is the issue about not installing the play disc on 360 version?

anonymouse
    Free Member

And we’re installing…..

Jamie
    Free Member

p.s what is the issue about not installing the play disc on 360 version?

The game engine, on the Xbox at any rate, has been designed to stream content using the maximum system bandwidth available. This means that to have textures and assets displaying to the best of the Xbox ability, the game streams content from 2 sources. These being the HD (the installed install disc) and the Disc drive (the play disc). If you install both discs to the HD then the game is trying to pull x2 the content from x1 source, thus creating a bottleneck. Which gives rendering issues.

Early experiments are showing you could get round this by installing the Play Disc to a USB drive. This would, at the very least, cut down on the disc noise. Texture issues may remain if the USB drive has a crap controller on it.

Jamie
    Free Member

Taking Cosplay one step too far.

racefaceec90

ah cheers jamie 🙂

will try the usb option to see if it works when i get the game.

matther01
    Free Member

So the guy was basically mugged but also happened to have GTA on him at the time? Not exactly a result of the game…is there no news or good news to bother reporting?!

wilko1999
    Free Member

Spent 80 dollars on a stripper called Sapphire and ended up back at hers for ‘coffee’, now she’s a contact on my phone and just sent me a dirty text 😀

Crell
    Free Member

Spent 80 dollars on a stripper called Sapphire and ended up back at hers for ‘coffee’, now she’s a contact on my phone and just sent me a dirty text

This is a thread about GTA V

molgrips
    Free Member

Jengledow, if I were buying now I’d get a ps3 slim. Next gen consoles will be out soon and the ps3 will make a great bd player and media centre, as it’s basically silent.

So far in the game I just headed foe the top of the big mountain, after a couple of missions. Coolest thing so far is looking through the telescope at the world below, and seeing traffic moving in the distant roads…

PrinceJohn

First chopper stolen- heading to the airport…sure that wont go badly…

EDIT – Turn out Los Santos PD have no issues shooting a chopper out of the sky above a freeway…

ekul
    Free Member

Think I’ve found the one. Just got home and the misses has just presented me with it. Says she’s gonna be revising and it’ll keep me out of her way. 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Me 1 – Aliens 0

molgrips
    Free Member

Who’s still playing? I have not met the aliens yet… Struggling to join rockstar social club currently.

anonymouse
    Free Member

Time for bed or one more mission?
    Favourite bit so far is bunny hopping over cars on the BMX.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member
    molgrips
    Free Member

Found the mtb hire place but it’s closed.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Got my Hard drive its only 10 gig but it will be enough I hope. Gotta hunt for the game tomoz. Where’s cheapest?

muddyfool

Found the mtb hire place but it’s closed.

i found someone riding one in the hills to the east of the city, so naturally I knocked him off it and took it for a spin. He shouted something like ‘fu buddy i’m calling the police’ and 10 seconds later (just as i’d figured out how to move) I was being chased by two police cars. 10 seconds after that I was knocked off, shot and in the hospital. It seems bike theft is taken seriously in Los Santos!

bwfc: I’m not sure but I think someone mentioned Tesco… Worth a look anyway.

pondo

What. A ****. Game. 😀

+1 on the beard.

peterfile
    Free Member

Got in car, dressed in running shorts and Talons.
    Started driving to hill.
    Passed Tesco superstore.
    Turned car around and wandered into Tesco in running kit, looking for GTAV.
    Completely delighted when i found they had stock left.
    Went home, opened beer, played GTA, still in running gear.

That’s incredibly effective marketing IMO! 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I didn’t do many missions, I spent most of my time trying to colour in the map, and trying to get gigantic air from mountain tops.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have to wait in for a parcel today.

I. AM. GUTTED.

*fires up xbox*

samuri
    Free Member

Played for an hour or so last night, really just got myself through the intros and a couple of little missions. Familiarised myself with the place.

Of course, my wife walked in just as I was sneaking around a house (Michaels) and a boy said ‘I don’t care if you’re 12, I’m still going to rape you’. Ummm..

Liking it though. The aiming system is great, car driving feels good, motorbike riding not so good but I like how the screen leans over.

anonymouse
    Free Member

Got in car, dressed in running shorts and Talons.
    Started driving to hill.
    Passed Tesco superstore.
    Turned car around and wandered into Tesco in running kit, looking for GTAV.
    Completely delighted when i found they had stock left.
    Went home, opened beer, played GTA, still in running gear.
    That’s incredibly effective marketing IMO!

As a runner, listen out for the barefoot shoe advert on the radio. Very funny.

wilko1999
    Free Member

lol @ crell

Lovin the game so far but then I’m a closet low down seedy rotten scumbag so it seems to have been made with me in mind 😀

scruff
    Free Member

I found a huge quarter pipe you can drive at going full speed. The Baja Beetles are brilliant.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Does anyone else find the cops a little keener than previous games? I seemed to spend the first 2 hours of the game (outside of any missions) on the run for pretty minor incidents (well, minor by GTA standards)

scruff
    Free Member

Cops are way more agressive but you can hide from them pretty easily unless theres a chopper after you.

molgrips
    Free Member

It seems to take longer to lose a single star, I think. Although they may be more eagle-eyed, or maybe bystanders are calling them – I plugged some wise-ass mofo giving me attitude during a car jacking, and although there were no cops in sight I still got a star.

How many insane jumps have you all found? One so far for me.

Drac

You have to drive into alleyways or off the road a bit more to escape the police, the highways are full of them so only use them blasting out of there and then when you see gap in the barrier leap off then find a car park or alleyway to hide in.

Oh and if you quick and swap cars you can lose them quicker.

Jamie
    Free Member

Note to self: Don’t drive onto the Army base and try and steal a helicopter.

*Helloooooo A&E*

Drac

They got a bit angry when I flew over it in my jet, as the did the airfield and the prison but got away before they unleashed hell.

Houns

Of course, my wife walked in just as I was sneaking around a house (Michaels) and a boy said ‘I don’t care if you’re 12, I’m still going to rape you’. Ummm..

Erm?! Wtf?! 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

Can you just nick the jets etc or are they part of a mission?

Erm?! Wtf?!

If you’re not familiar with the games, stuff like that is there as an indictment of the characters involved, and since everyone’s like that, an indictment of modern society, particularly in the US. It’s a very dark satire and it is distasteful at times but then so is real life. And the sentiment behind the series has actually been getting much more moralistic.

The problem is that not everyone sees it that way, of course.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Didn’t have any plans to buy GTA5 yesterday, but stopped in at Tesco to get cereal, milk etc. Came away with GTA5 and no milk. Oh well.

Seems very good so far, done the first couple of missions and had a bit of drive around, and visited some of the sights. Like the way it doesnt mess around giving you a taxi or other crap car right from the off. The water looks incredible too. Unfortunately only got a couple of hours in before my cold caught up with me and had to go to bed 🙁

tootallpaul

I stole a plane. And crashed it into the highest mountain.

And then found the cable car to the top of the mountain.

And a mountain bike.

And a parachute.

It didn’t work out so well the first time- couldn’t work out how to open the parachute.

Oops.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,557 total)

The topic ‘GTA V’ is closed to new replies.