Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,557 total)
  • GTA V
  • molgrips
    Free Member

May be on this evening, maybe not – got a bit of work to do.

Drac

I’m still on nights.

endurogangster
    Free Member

Anyone do Abigails mission?

Yes

I really had to kill her in the end.

Mostly definitely, tazered her, then beat her with a night stick and rpg’d her corpse for wasting so much time! Nearly got eaten by a mountain lion while laying the smackdown on her which would really have made me mad!

iain1775
    Free Member

Haha just sat through a whole film at one of the cinemas, zoomed out and had a look round the audience and there was a woman ‘dining down’ on her companion 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

Awesome fun online tonight, me and mate spent most of it trying to steal jets, which had the side effect of getting assault rifles.

Back in town some fool took a pot shot at us as we drove past. Turned and ran pretty quick when the auto weapons came out, but it was a bit late by then. Double assault rifle fury.

molgrips
    Free Member

I could not break into the civilian airport, I assumed that meant planes weren’t available online…

akira

Still having issues, got on briefly and was looking for a car by standing I bc the middle of the road.
    Got run over.

Drac

Oooh good call for getting assault rifles Lifer might have to pay a visit later.

Lifer
    Free Member

Couldn’t find any planes in the airport but there are helicopters at the helipad, both the airport and military base gates are shut but you can drive through the fence in the airport (though not much point) or fly into the military base, and the jets are there.

EDIT – easiest way to get assault rifle is kill the guy in the gatehouse at the base, then wait move away from the fence and the army guys in jeeps turn up, pretty tricky because they try quite hard to kill you. I died and still had it but once you’re out of ammo it’s gone, and I couldn’t buy any ammo for it at Ammunation. But it was good fun when you get people trying to kill you for no reason.

Drac

Yeah I have a assault shotgun I got from a Policeman I think which I can’t get ammo for yet not high enough rank, I’ll have to top up it by killing another Policeman when I’ve ran out.

anonymouse
    Free Member

I’ve played a bit online now and am quite enjoying it. I’m a little hampered by not having a microphone, although my teammates may see that as a blessing. Has anybody managed to team up with their crew yet? I never seem to be on at the right time.

molgrips
    Free Member

I couldn’t find anyone on Saturday night but last night I was doing housework and expenses, so no play 🙁

bails

I managed to get on the online thing on Friday. Was almost instantly killed by a 12 year old shouting “N****r n****r n****r n****r n****r n****r” down the mic, then spent the next 15 minutes hunting him down, all while still having “n****r n****r n****r n****r n****r” blaring out of my TV 🙄

I know on CoD you can mute individual players, but I couldn’t see any way of doing it on this, am I missing something?

Lifer
    Free Member

I think you can mute individuals in the ‘online’ menu, then go to ‘players’

Or if you hold down select you can choose to just hear crew/friends or mute all.

bails

Cheers, I’ll try that later.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I’ve also requested to join Drac!

I’ve not played online yet as I wanted to complete the story and single player missions first. Do you need a mic to play online or can I just play ‘mute’?

Drac

I’ll add you in a bit.

Mure is in the settings as mentioned or restrict it to those you know , the French seem very good at having very long conversions in game I’ve noticed this in many games I’ve plated. The English have the kids who yes sit and say swear words and insults repeatedly , then there’s those that sit with their mic right next the speakers playing shite music.

A mic isn’t necessary but suspect once they launch the online heist missions they will make them easier to call out for help.

bails

You can play without a mic.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I mowed down a cyclist earlier, I just didn’t see him, and my mustang had blood all over the bonnet and front bumper. Nice.

grunty
    Free Member

Did he just ‘come out of nowhere’?

I_Ache
    Free Member

He seemed to, yes. Although if I’m honest I think me doing at least 80mph through a built up area might have had something to do with it.

JEngledow
    Free Member

PrinceJohn

So I just drove a jeep from a cargo plane as it was falling from the sky, before parachuting to safety. I can safely say I was far more impressed than my girlfriend who couldn’t tear herself away from washing dishes to watch me drive the jeep..

marko75
    Free Member

Anyone else had a problem installing the updates on PS3?

had to resort to this:
    Go to the PS3 menu
    Go to Game Data Utility
    Delete the GTA 5 Update file (version 1.01 or 1.02; ~39mb)
    Restart the game and reinstall the update/patches

Hope this helps others!

Drac

No problem with the update for me.

anonymouse
    Free Member

I’ve had some corrupt save issues and could do with some help.
    I reached a point where I had no missions to do but hadn’t finished so I checked online and found that there were some missions that hadn’t opened up to me when they should (the Solomon missions) and so I couldn’t progress. I opened an older save and found the Solomon missions there and not much progress was lost, but I’m now concerned whether there are other missions that have disappeared. Is there any way to check?
    For example, I’ve done the torture mission, and I know there are further FIB missions in the game but they don’t show up on the map. Do they only open up later on or have I lost them?
    Similarly I’ve done the police motorbike chase and the helicopter scanning mission for Devin but nothing more has opened up for him yet. Will these pop up after I’ve done some jobs for Solomon or are they lost forever?
    I’d like to know as if I do need to start again I’d like to do so without wasting time doing further missions on this save.

McHamish
    Free Member

Worked for me last night and I was finally able to get online.

Entered the first race, crashed, went the wrong way and for DNF.

Ended up insuring what appears to be an old shape Honda Civic…hoping I can Terry it up a bit with some spoilers and undercar lighting or something (don’t think you can get that though).

I_Ache
    Free Member

anonymouse, just start again. I’m sure you will have fun.

Has anybody else noticed that different cars start appearing the further you get into the game?

I saw one mustang last week and not another until yesterday when I saw loads of the things.

Drac

Anonymouse are you using all the characters as they help progress the story line with their own missions.

anonymouse
    Free Member

I know that doing it again will be fun, but I’m also keen to see new missions and stuff if possible. That way there’s always the replay mission option for the good stuff, and I can forget about the (very few) dull bits.

And yes I’m using them all although I still feel a little icky playing as Trevor.

akira

Mistakenly souped up what appears to be a Prius, all blinged up and insured before I realised. Stuck with it for the time being.

I_Ache
    Free Member

How do you insure the cars?

I still havn’t even tried to get onto online yet so I havn’t a clue how to do that either.

scruff
    Free Member

I’ve not saved any blinged up cars, only blinged up 1 which appeared to be some AMG Merc. No idea how to go online either.

samuri
    Free Member

when you go online that’s when the insurance option becomes available. It’s all dead simple, you get walked through it.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Did the infamous Trevor mission the other day, and as unpleasant as it was, I still really like him. He’s by far the most interesting character and I love the way he talks.

Cougar

Has anybody else noticed that different cars start appearing the further you get into the game?

On the older games, they were area-specific. You’d only ever see a handful of car types in a given area as they could only hold so many models in memory at once. Whether that’s true of V I don’t know, but it’d make sense.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Taking a while to rank up online and earn money – going to take ages to be able to afford apartments, garages and decent weeapons. Looks a bit too skewed towards those that want to pay to get the extra money.

Battlefield has the right balance – lots of weapons / extras to unlock but you still start off with decent weapons that dont put you at much of a disadvantage compared to those with better ones

Drac

The cars are the same through out but certain areas have different cars.

The freeplay is not ranked so there are those blinged the game modes are ranked to a set skill level. Battlefield I reckon is worse as you can play someone at the top of the rank when your at the bottom.

molgrips
    Free Member

Although if I’m honest I think me doing at least 80mph through a built up area might have had something to do with it.

Don’t be silly, speed is not at all dangerous.

tomhoward

a faasand!

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,557 total)

The topic ‘GTA V’ is closed to new replies.