Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • GT85 @ Halfrauds "Special needs Offer"
  • kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Just been to Halfrauds for a tin of GT85.
    £3.99 for one tin but they have a special offer buy any other bike related product and get a tin for £1.99.

Went to the till with two tins, after the spotty scrot and the manager tried to work it out, scratched them numskulls and me "advising them" I got two tins for £ 3.98

That did not make their day, dont think Halfrauds have thought this offer through. 😀

Flaperon

Bravo that man. Will try this at local Halfords later today!

thehustler
    Free Member

No you just got a stupid clerk as what you should have paid is 3.99 for the first tin and 1.99 for the second, but enjoy…….

coffeeking
    Free Member

indeed, your total should have been 5.98!

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I know what the price should have been but I just kept talking and confused em, he used a A4 sheet with "barcodes" on it on tilled it all through correct, can scan the receipt and post on here if you want.

May go and buy 100 and flog on ebay and make £ 50.00, but then again cant be arsed. :mrgreen:

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Probably not stupid, but shop tills (sorry, 'stock controll interfaces') are a PITA to opperate if they get confused, we used to sticker up bread as 10p a loaf at the end of the day, then any BOGOF bread unused at the end of the day we'd take through the tills ourselves as the till just deducts the total price form every second loaf.

e.g.
    loaf of bread £1.20

buy two =
    +£1.20
    +£1.20
    -£1.20
    =£1.20

at the end of the day
    +£0.10
    +£0.10
    -£1.20
    =-£1
    Open till, take £1 out, give bread to dog/tramp, spend £1 on a pint.

tails
    Free Member

Find that hard to believe thisisnotaspoon, no supermarket gonna give there employees easy cash like that.

molgrips
    Free Member

The OP said any OTHER bike related product, ie not GT85. So based on that reading your total should have been £7.98.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

My LBS Does 3 cans of GT85 for £6 all the time and you don't need to bamboozle the staff to get it. Cycle Promotions Worsborough just off J36 M1 😛

coffeeking
    Free Member

Find that hard to believe thisisnotaspoon, no supermarket gonna give there employees easy cash like that.

Nope, I've seen it happen myself. It was a small store though.

user-removed
    Free Member

Due to lack of preparedness, I was forced to pay £5.98 for ONE tin at the Whinlatter trails bike shop last week 🙁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yep, only worked if there was enough bread leftover, got to love crap tills, wouldnt work on the new ones where they stick a new barcode over the original one with th ereduced prices on.

Usualy the customers would have got it all before we did.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

GT85 is a bike-related product? What do you use it for?

molgrips
    Free Member

Cables, mechs, internal gubbins ie shifters etc, chains in dry weather. Penetrates and doesn't attrract crud and dust. You can even spray it all over your frame to help keep mud off – this works, but isn't necessarily any less bother than just cleaning it a bit better.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

chains in dry weather

Stick to wax etc, GT85 isn't upto lubricatring stuff, its a water displacer.

GT85/TF2/WD40 actualy reduce lubrication, especialy in high load aplications like chains.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Doesn't attract crud???

user-removed
    Free Member

I've been lubricating all my mechs / cables / chain in the summer etc since forever with GT85 – works for me and keeps everything rust free. In Winter, I use Finish Line Heavy Duty lube on my chain, although it needs cleaned very regularly.

molgrips
    Free Member

Personally I don't use it for chains, but there are folk that recommend it. It is very light oil which is no good as a high load lubricant for sure, but it also contains teflon which I suspect people imagine does the trick. Like I say, I've never got on with it.

It doesn't attract crud as much tho – lube your rear mech with finish line wet, and see how much grime sticks to it 🙂

Thread hijack – I've never found any of the 'dry' lubes that last for longer than about an hour and a half. They do keep the chain clean but it's not long before the thing is squeaky and dry as hell. Any recommendations for dry lube?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ptoline chain wax, £25 for a 1kg tin, it looks dirty from day 1 and stinks like rotten egg shit though (like good gear oil should).

Definately one for bike riders rather than bike tarts for sure.

Works in all weathers and lasts as long as a chain apparently. Not had much time to test it yet but TJ recomended it and it's looking good so far. Lasted in the snow anyway, wet lube was lasting 30min before the salt began rusting the chain.

uplink
    Free Member

I bought a case of 12 from Autoglym for £10

I think they were stopping selling it so shifting it cheap

molgrips
    Free Member

tinas, you are saying permanent lube? Does it not pickup loads of grit?

tracknicko
    Free Member

normally buy on ebay for £20 posted for 16 tins.

top tip!

nockmeister
    Free Member

Look on Ebay, i picked up 36cans for the equivalent of £1.39 per can posted…

spooky_b329

Find that hard to believe thisisnotaspoon, no supermarket gonna give there employees easy cash like that

Yeh it used to work…it was quite common when we (I!) over ordered on promotional items. I remember handing out punnets of 10p strawberries that we had to get rid of as we had a pallet load about to go out of date and closed in 30 minutes. I was telling customers that they'd effectively get a discount on their shopping.

Its all about the budgets…the waste budget must be kept down at all costs, as long as that target is hit, who cares if the till takings are down slightly 😉 500 punnets at £2 a pop getting chucked into the compactor stands out like a sore thumb on the waste report…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘GT85 @ Halfrauds "Special needs Offer"’ is closed to new replies.