Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • GT full sus owners..
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Always been fond of GT bikes. In the market for a full susser and a huge part of me wants a GT, but looking at the specs of their bikes, compared to similarly priced bikes, they do seem to have cheaper parts – I appreciate you can upgrade as you go along but even frame / shock / forks seem lower end when compared.

So, if you have a GT full susser any chance of posting a pic and what you’ve got, what you’ve upgraded. Did you keep the forks it came with (seen some with Sektor but have no real-world experience of them)

Just a shameless post a GT pic thread, essentially!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You still in WA Aphex?
    Been looking at these and they hit a very good price point in the Aus market (specced very well in some cases) what are you looking at?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

yeah still in sweaty WA.

Actually, just looking at BikeExchange – for $3k the 2015 Helion Expert looks alright – just wondering about 110mm up front with 130mm on the back – seems odd to me, but otherwise, Fox forks, XT kit, RF n/w crankset…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Been looking at the 2016 book more, some shifts in spec/price. Got to remember the AU$ tanked since the 2014 bikes came out too. The 2015 will be good compared to 2016 depending on when they shipped.
    The pro at RRP $3800 looks a steal compared to a few brands (probably excluding trek/spec/giant) which will offer the best value around but that gets you a good XT/SLX mic and stans, not sure how it rides though.
    Short forks without the benefit of some romping 29’s on the front is the only think I’m not sure about. Probably worth a demo 🙂

aphex_2k
    Free Member

TBF I was just going by old mag reviews, after a bit of googling yeah some of the 2015 bikes are quite good value, but just how good is GT’s platform compared with the likes of a Stumpy? I just don’t know what it is but I like GT. Having had a Zaskar (and an Outpost BITD) GT bikes were the ones I lusted after. Stumpy’s seem to be a “safe” option.

I guess I’ll just hit the shops in Feb with my cashola and see what deals can be had. ’16 bikes might throw up some bargains.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not had the chance to ride one yet, good news is they are brought in by monza who are one of the biggest importers and will have good backup and plenty of bikes. Think there is a good demo programme going on too.

zero-cool
    Free Member

They pedal really well, only ridden the Force and Sanction from the newer range, but had a few GTs (and Mongooses) over the years.

Tom KP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘GT full sus owners..’ is closed to new replies.