• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by br.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • GT conditions please?
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Aware of diversions, seems its lower car park only- icey on the trails? Nothing on TrailScotland since last weekend..

br
    Free Member

We were at Inners today, very icy and on top were snow drifts.

Can’t imagine that GT is any different.

Prophet2
    Free Member

Instagram, search on #glentress. That will give you the best up to date photos.

Northwind

Inners offpiste stuff was riding incredibly well today, for whatever that’s worth- quite a bit of snow and hacked up snow-mud but ironically more grip in a lot of it than normal. Though occasional snow-filled ambush-holes. More effort than usual to get to the top though. The lower dh stuff was mysteriously dry.

GT main road is shut, we were digging there yesterday but I never got higher than the top of falla brae- there’s scattered snow but nothing to worry about, below that.

julzm
    Free Member

Was at GT yesterday. Got as high as hit squad hill. Two way but down to ewok village etc is very heavy with snow but the trails are all rideable as they seem to have cleared with use….they just don’t offer any give if you stray off the trail, as you’ll be hitting a few inches of snow, we just took things wee bit slower and made sure of no mistakes. Ewok and double x was excellent. Lots of puddles though so be prepared for wet feet!

coogan
    Free Member

Inners was very snowy up top. Had to push the last part of the climb and first part of the descent. But everything else was fine. Icy and snow, but all doable. As Northwind says, off piste stuff all fine and riding superbly. Had a right larf on it all today.

And hello Northwind, you cycled past me as I stood at the start of Cresta.

Mates were at GT yesterday and said what everyone else said, snow and ice but ridable.

Northwind

Coogan- on the nice Pivot?

bigjim

was there today, seem to be lots of trees down, it’s fire road for second section of climb to buzzards. Pennels closed too. Its pretty icy, though at the top the snow is still powdery. off piste is pretty frozen too. black boundary trail is ridable but snowy. you need to be going to have fun sliding on snow and ice rather than seek a ‘normal’ ride. Inners seemed better yesterday.

coogan
    Free Member

Indeed I was Northwind.

br
    Free Member

With the spaniel?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘GT conditions please?’ is closed to new replies.