• This topic has 27 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nickc.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Grumpy Mule; a bit shit?
  • nickc

what a shower.

placed first order 7 days ago and no response to email and lied to me about calling back with an idea about when my coffee will be delivered. abrupt to the point of rudeness on the phone and still no coffee!

who else should I use?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Hasbean are very good. I gather Pact are pretty decent too although I’ve not used them personally

monde
    Free Member

Rave coffee.
    Brilliant service and coffee. last Bag split in post and one email later 2 free bags arrived the following day.
    Found pact coffee expensive and a bit bland.

Stoner
    Free Member

Mrs Stoner kindly got me a 12m sub to http://jamesgourmetcoffee.com/ for my 40th last year.

The monthly 2x packs of beans have been fantastic. I will treat myself to a renewal later this year.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve been using pact for about a year, great service and not had a bland coffee yet.

ElShalimo

I used Pact in the past and found all of the coffee I tried to be very acidic.

Someone on here recommended Monsoon Estates recently. Great service and lovely coffee, I’ll be ordering another selection very soon.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

No idea what their online service is like as I get it through Callum (who does the coffee machine side of the business) but the coffee is good. Looking at the website, they do seem well set up:

Foundry Coffee Roasters

and Callum is a top bloke, effin quick on a bike, Wharny local, if that makes a difference to you

Alex

What Stoner said. Just down the road from us. He’s a lovely bloke as well who runs in and the smell when you go in is amazing!

We also got our labrador from there, but I don’t think that’s a service they offer to everyone 😉

martinhutch

We also got our labrador from there, but I don’t think that’s a service they offer to everyone

Was he roasted properly?

scaredypants

Does anyone (apart from pact) do packaging that’ll fit through a letter box ?

wwaswas

Was he roasted properly?

You get a choice of roast 🙂

twinklydave

Ordered from them twice, both times delivery was within a day or two. 2nd time round with a free gift (of more coffee). I’d be happy to use them again.

If you’re looking for a nice alternative though, try Big Maggy’s

tmb467
    Free Member

Pact-style packaging

and nice coffee too

northerntom
    Free Member

Grumpy mule are a bit shit. They are owned by bewleys as well, so aren’t artisan or small in anyway!

Ancoats or Heart and graft are decent, as are Roasting party.

Sandwich

Wogan from Bristol mail out as well. Next day delivery for “free”.

crazy-legs

I use Exchange Coffee.
    https://www.exchangecoffee.co.uk/

A little Northern business with shops in Blackburn and Clitheroe but they do mail order all over the UK. Never had a bad bag from them, service is excellent.

Stoner
    Free Member

Does anyone (apart from pact) do packaging that’ll fit through a letter box

Scaredy, I get two flat foil bags in a document “jiffy” from James Gourmet that fits easily through a box

njee20
    Free Member

Grumpy Mule did all our coffee at work (further reinforcing that they’re not artisan or small), changed a couple of months ago and it’s not as good 🙁

scaredypants

thanks tmb467 & stoner – I’ll get onto your chums for a trial of each

fluided
    Free Member

You could try this lot

https://www.horshamcoffeeroaster.co.uk

Workhouse is really nice or you can try the taster pack

you need to grind the beans

grahamt1980

I have tried a bunch now, currently my favourite is small batch roasters some of their single source coffee is great

MoreCashThanDash

If you want beans rather than coffee, try these guys:

200 Degrees

Their regular blend is the nicest coffee I’ve tried – all subjective. One of their shops is halfway between the car park and the office…amazing food as well.

fluided
    Free Member

That should say workhorse 😀

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Hasbean and Artisan Roast both fit through post box.

CountZero

Pissing myself at wwaswas’ meth lab post!

AdamW
    Free Member

I have ordered three different roasts from hasbean. Nice company but the coffee was really lightly roasted and was basically yuck. I actually took a coffee machine back to the shop because I thought it was broke, then I ground the beans for cafetiere and realised it was awful.

The blurb is nice from hasbean and his business model seems good, but the coffee, so far, has been poor.

nickc

tried the Monsoon Estates

(got money back from Grumpy after a stern-ish email)

nickc

just thought I’d finish this off…So I got my money back from Grumpy and an email saying they were sorry, and that I should expect my free coffee, as they’d still send it out to me by way of an apology. In the meantime spent my refunded paypal with Monsoon Estates on Wednesday evening

So my postie comes this morning with some coffee, and I’m expecting it to be my free coffee from Grumpy, but no; it’s from Monsoon.

oh dear.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Grumpy Mule; a bit shit?’ is closed to new replies.