Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gruinard Bay / Carnmore Route Advice
  • andy@innerhaven
    Free Member

Hi Folks,

I'm scoping out a wee c-t-c just now for April and want to connect it up with the tasty trails by Carnmore. So, has anyone got any info on the riding/carrying we should expect after the trail going along Gruinard River is intersected by Allt Loch Ghiubhsachan, then the traverse up the NW of Creag na Sgoinne, and on to Fionn Loch?

😀

Cheers

Andy

andy@innerhaven
    Free Member

Is that a no then… 😆

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Give me a few minutes to look at some maps Andy…

(missed your original post!)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stuartie_c
    Free Member

Ah, ok – it wasn't the paths I was thinking off but you've put some ideas in my head…

I've walked on the paths that take you from Shenavall bothy onto Ruadh Stac Mor and A' Mhaighdean and they are good, solid stalkers paths so I'd imagine your paths would be of a similar standard of construction. One option could be LRT to Loch na Sealga then push/hike to the path along the SW side of the loch. A bit speculative and some carrying would be needed in the upper parts of Gleann na Muice Beag.

Have you had a look on Geograph? Should be well photographed around here.

When exactly are you planning this?

13thfloormonk

Geograph shows one picture just underneath Creag na Sgoinne, looks Ok-ish in a sort of likely-to-disappear-and-reappear-a-few-times sort of way…

I'll be up that way in May going from Fionn Loch to Loch na Sealga, can't wait!

andy@innerhaven
    Free Member

Dug out a long forgotten guidebook I have and looks pretty doable assuming the river's passable…

Stuartie, when'll get up there I'm not too sure yet, maybe April'ish.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Andy,

I know a chap who lives on the mainland shore at Gruinard Bay. He runs a business there:

http://www.lovecroft.co.uk

He may well have some local knowledge, or reasonable access to same. If you're gonna get in touch, let me know 'cos he disnae know my forum name.

Kinda envious. Out of interest, if it's a C2C, where do you plan to finish on the east coast?

EDIT: not much cop with the linky posting stuff, it seems, but it's a simple address, so try it out.

andy@innerhaven
    Free Member

Thanks Mike, their B&B looks spot on for us too.

With time pressures it's now looking like a shorter trip – more like a wee sea loch to sea loch trip versus a full blown c-t-c 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Gruinard Bay / Carnmore Route Advice’ is closed to new replies.