Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Grrrrrr………recommend me a new ISP for broadband + phone, please.
  • toxicsoks
    Free Member

As above……………..talktalk? See you next Tuesday……. 😈

Jamie
    Free Member

You will get several differing answers, but I am very happy with Virgin (cable).

bigG
    Free Member

O2 works well for me, much better than the service I used to get from BT. I also get it for much cheapness because I work for them mind you.

clubber
    Free Member

Virgin if you live in the right areas. Been with them 6 years, had about 4 hours of no internet once and that’s it. The rest of the time it’s really fast (‘Large’ option).

z1ppy

Round here talktalk seems the best of a bad lot, though seemingly BT quite happily mess with TalkTalk lines for no good reason. Two local friends have had there lines changed/swapped to some-one elses (at the exchange) within the last 6 months.

We would have tried Sky but as were rural, they can’t offer us the same deal, they do to ppl living 5 miles away in ‘town’.

cp

if you’re on a virgin cable street, I highly recommend virgin. Fast & reliable all the time. you get the speeds you’re quoted as well.

when a cable corroded in the cellar, they came round next day to repair. For free. and it was really our responsibility (it was the bog standard phone cable from their junction box).

wors

never had a problem with talktalk.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I would say it depends on what you need it for – if just for general everyday use Sky or O2 or Virgin all seem to get good press. If you download over a couple of hundred gigabytes a month and want anonymity try someone like Superawesome.

almightydutch
    Free Member

I have BT, I’ve had BT for years. Always perfect for me. Made even better by the fact i now have BT Fibre to the Cabinet Broadband. 40meg down and 10 eg up. Stunning…..but then so is the price

Nobby

What’s the issue with Talktalk? It may be the same for all ISP’s operating in your area.

I’ve had BT, Wannadoo & Talktalk & they’re all as good/bad as each other.

brassneck

Plusnet if you’re on phone line only – just switched to phone + adsl, having been an adsl customer for years.

I can mail you a refferal for extra money off my bill too 😀

treaclesponge
    Free Member

O2 for me, cheap as im a mobile customer already but they have been great.

TheFopster
    Free Member

just moved to plusnet after virgin service went downhill badly (though may have been BT openreach at fault). So far so good – cheap, good support and all works well.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Virgin here also, i get good consistent speed, local speed results locally confirm this with me getting 9.84meg consistently and others local to me BT, Sky, Talk Talk all only getting around 1-3.5meg with some of those folk paying for 30meg packages!!!. I pay for the Virgin 10meg which apparently is soon to be upgraded to 30meg as the rest of their packages are also upgrading, this was from the engineer who came a week ago to replace my modem that went pop after 6 years.

tony24
    Free Member

virgin… nothing else internet wise really comes close the speed they sell you is the speed you get. unlike bt who are terrible and talk talk who are just as bad.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We’ve had AOL, BT, Virgin, then Sky and have just gone back to Virgin.
    Sky was crap
    Virgin is easily the best internet, and the triple tuner on the V+ box blows Sky away too. Not the cheapest, but the best we’ve used.

Got £150 cashback from Quidco too, when we went back to Virgin

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

BT with the new Home Hub 3 is fine and even better with FTTC and Infinity if you can get it, FTTC does not necessarily mean Infinity is available though

smoggy
    Free Member

Virgin. All the way. Price is ok too if you speak to the right team.

Cougar

Go to http://www.samknows.com, find out what LLU providers are in your area, that’s your shortlist.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Grrrrrr………recommend me a new ISP for broadband + phone, please.’ is closed to new replies.