Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • Grrrrrr…. Planet X
  • flange
    Free Member

Ordered and paid on the 6th of August, nothing yet apart from my phonecall to you where you said you have no idea when I’ll recieve the goods.

I’ll be ringing today for a refund and I won’t be shopping with you again. As per my original post and point, the issue here isn’t you having warehouse difficulties – everyone has problems and stuff gets delayed. Its the complete lack of comms about what’s going on. Two weekends missed now and still no word on when I’m getting my stuff…

dannyh
    Free Member

I may be stupid, but I’ve placed an order with On-One / Planet X today(!)

Let’s see if this goes smoothly – I really do like the duck egg blue cardies………..

scandal42
    Free Member

I really do like the duck egg blue cardies

I hope for your sake that Jim doesn’t see this comment.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

In reality by far the largest number of errors fall into the ‘specification’ category where either customer or customer service adviser select a part based on the ‘best information’ at hand and it turns out to be incorrect either because it has been written up incorrectly, the customer doesn’t know their arse from their elbow or both parties agreed just to try it out hoping it was the right bit.

Y’know, I just don’t see this.

“Customer doesn’t know arse from elbow”, “both parties agreed to try it”. Of the problems that appear on internet forums, it’s not those reasons are all; it’s just that people have ordered stuff and PX haven’t sent it.

But the “customer doesn’t know arse from elbow” defence perhaps is indicative of a culture at PX that prevents them from ever really getting to grips with their “customer experience” problems.

A culture of “customer is king”, rather than “we’ve had a problem in the warehouse so you’ll get it when you get it” would be a big help.

mrbelowski
    Free Member

HAHA, Jim *has* see this comment Danny. You like the blue duck-egg cardies because you’re a pre-vert

dannyh
    Free Member

Y’know, I just don’t see this.

“Customer doesn’t know arse from elbow”, “both parties agreed to try it”. Of the problems that appear on internet forums, it’s not those reasons are all; it’s just that people have ordered stuff and PX haven’t sent it.

But the “customer doesn’t know arse from elbow” defence perhaps is indicative of a culture at PX that prevents them from ever really getting to grips with their “customer experience” problems.

A culture of “customer is king”, rather than “we’ve had a problem in the warehouse so you’ll get it when you get it” would be a big help.

Which is what I was getting at on page 1 – the majority of people I know who have had problems with PX and a the majority of ‘venting’ threads on here are not to do with “I was a bit vague with my order and the lack of clairvoyance on behalf of PX did not make up for that”.

They are of the type “I ordered this specific item, which showed as being in stock. It didn’t arrive when expected, and there was no communication from PX. I had to contact them. Then a myriad of problems/issues ensued”.

Still, I hope I get my duck egg blue cardie – it is so ‘me’.

flange
    Free Member

So, rang up for refund at midday. Lad on the phone great and very understanding.

Still no refund as of 9.31pm. No email telling me I’ll be getting a refund either.

Planet X are great…..

sq225917
    Free Member

Oli, it shows as ‘in picking’ on the system, I’ll investigate tomorrow.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Oli, it shows as ‘in picking’ on the system, I’ll investigate tomorrow.

😆

nickdavies

It’s all par for the course isn’t it?

Recently CRC have not managed to get an order out to me within a week, I’ve given up on on-one for various reasons, another bike shop obviously didn’t want my business (payment up front for out of stock items through an insecure site, anyone?) and was rude enough for me to pay more money somewhere else, and another bike shop told me my wheels would be here last monday – they’re still not.

I like to get anything I can these days from Merlin or Superstar, they’re just about reliable & deliver quickly.

Although Superstar have sent me self destructing brake pads and Merlin sent me a set of friday afternoon forks last week that had been assembled so you couldn’t turn the adjuster properly, so it’s all crap really.

Edit: apologies for the lack of random capitals, correct spelling and vague coherence – rant score 1/10!

edward2000
    Free Member

Sq225917 – I have emailed Planet X his morning asking for my order to be shipped by the end of play tomorrow or else i will cancel the order. I ordered on the 11th. Can you ensure the order is shipped in time please? The order number is SO0656295.

Thanks

br
    Free Member

I’ve spent most of my career working in logistics and a lot of that working in the IT side of things. It’s great that businesses invest in new systems to improve their efficiency and service. It’s utter pants when those businesses don’t invest in business continuity or manage change effectively. That’s when they develop reputations that are very hard to shake off.
    I do hope Planet X get through it. They do seem to want to do the right thing.

This, although sometimes these things really fail; see No 1.

http://www2.isye.gatech.edu/~jjb/wh/tidbits/top-sc-disasters.pdf

marmaduke
    Free Member

Oli, it shows as ‘in picking’ on the system, I’ll investigate tomorrow

Thanks

Felix
    Free Member

My PX order from the 12th Aug has just arrived at home apparently, its the first time a Yodel driver has managed to find my house 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

its the first time a Yodel driver has managed to find my house

He’ll have taken a couple of extra precautions, though.

a) Hidden it somewhere obscure (although you may be alright if he has handed it over to someone).

b) Used the parcel for a bit of keepy-uppy before handing it over – just to ensure a bit of damage

Yodel really are the pits.

sq225917
    Free Member

Olly, I’m not sure why we haven’t contacted you, the jacket is showing as out of stock everywhere except in the Sheffield showroom. We have one here, I’ve put it to one side for you. I need to transfer it to the warehouse, assigned to your order, and it will go out to you tomorrow. Sorry for the delay

Simon

chestrockwell

It’s all par for the course isn’t it?

Recently CRC have not managed to get an order out to me within a week, I’ve given up on on-one for various reasons, another bike shop obviously didn’t want my business (payment up front for out of stock items through an insecure site, anyone?) and was rude enough for me to pay more money somewhere else, and another bike shop told me my wheels would be here last monday – they’re still not.

I like to get anything I can these days from Merlin or Superstar, they’re just about reliable & deliver quickly.

Although Superstar have sent me self destructing brake pads and Merlin sent me a set of friday afternoon forks last week that had been assembled so you couldn’t turn the adjuster properly, so it’s all crap really.

Edit: apologies for the lack of random capitals, correct spelling and vague coherence – rant score 1/10!

……. That’s exactly the problem isn’t it. Shouldn’t have these issues with a decent lbs and if you did you could call in to the shop but the lbs can’t compete on price so the cycle continues, round and round.

sq225917
    Free Member

Danny, I agree, the majority of complaints on singletrack are from people who get the wrong item, or who don’t get an item at all. I haven’t done an accurate historical search but I’m guessing the number of STW complaints is actually very small, Way less than 1 per day, which in itself would only equate to 0.1% of daily transactions.

The thing is these customers don’t just make one post, they make many, and people cross post on these threads dredging up the same points multiple times on different threads. So the picture appears worse than it is. It would be great if there were none of course.

sq225917
    Free Member

Edward you have mail.

flange
    Free Member

Amazingly despite calling yesterday lunch time and being promised a refund I’ve had nothing.

So, no goods, no email and then no refund. Thoroughly pissed off now, ranty phone call tomorrow then…

deets

Ordered stuff Sunday, arrived today. Service usually pretty good for me.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Planet X box arrived at work today. Tyre in there as expected. No kittens died.

edward2000
    Free Member

thank you 🙂

sq225917
    Free Member

Flange, I can see your order is ready to ship, do you want to cancel it still? Might be worthwhile speaking to customer services and seeing what they are prepared to do to make it right? Shouting might make you feel better but it’s unlikely to get you your stuff and an apology credit note.

Think big picture 😉

robdob
    Free Member

Right, PX, here’s my experience and view on what’s going wrong with the issues raised on STW.

Olly, I’m not sure why we haven’t contacted you, the jacket is showing as out of stock everywhere except in the Sheffield showroom. We have one here, I’ve put it to one side for you. I need to transfer it to the warehouse, assigned to your order, and it will go out to you tomorrow. Sorry for the delay
    Simon

Firstly, don’t do this. Own the problem – you have the jacket in your hand, package it and post it out yourself with a letter apologising. The short time it will take to do this will be paid back many times over because many people will read these threads and see a very positive outcome. Don’t say you can’t do this as “it has to go through the warehouse”, that’s putting your systems ahead of the customer and giving them another excuse. The customer doesn’t care about what your systems are, they just want what they paid for.

Flange, I can see your order is ready to ship, do you want to cancel it still? Might be worthwhile speaking to customer services and seeing what they are prepared to do to make it right? Shouting might make you feel better but it’s unlikely to get you your stuff and an apology credit note.

So you are threatening not to do the right thing if this person has a rant at you? Bad move. In retail you get people shouting at you, it happens. People have all sorts of temperaments and some can get shouty. You just deal with it and treat them the same way. If someone is especially nice and helpful and patient with an issue you may want to find some way to reward them above and beyond what you should do, but your veiled threat in the above paragraph, on a public website, is extraordinarily daft.

Danny, I agree, the majority of complaints on singletrack are from people who get the wrong item, or who don’t get an item at all. I haven’t done an accurate historical search but I’m guessing the number of STW complaints is actually very small, Way less than 1 per day, which in itself would only equate to 0.1% of daily transactions.

The thing is these customers don’t just make one post, they make many, and people cross post on these threads dredging up the same points multiple times on different threads. So the picture appears worse than it is. It would be great if there were none of course.

Unfortunately that 0.1% of transactions are losing you 100’s of extra transactions. You don’t know that, because there isn’t an easy way to measure something that isn’t there. But these threads will be on the internet for a very long time. Try Googling “Planet X problem”, something a lot of people do, and you’ll see the extent of the problem you have from those minority of issues.

You need to get someone on these issues full time, sorting out each problem quickly and efficiently. A log should be made of all these problems and have regular meetings with the right people in the organisation who can change things to make sure they reduce FAST.

I’ll leave it at that – just so you know I have 14 years retail management experience in companies whose success was based on great customer service. So been there, done that, many thousands of times!

Andy

Bought a Pompetamine frame from Planet-x through ebay. Received a Guerciotti cross frame and forks with the order details for some guy in Poland. Ebay dispute raised 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Think big picture 😉

Well, that’s a different way to do it.

scotroutes

Well, that’s a different way to do it.
    [/quote]And to think Dave at Planet had a go at me for being too nice to his CS staff, as if they were the ones to blame.

edlong
    Free Member

Don’t say you can’t do this as “it has to go through the warehouse”, that’s putting your systems ahead of the customer and giving them another excuse.

Then someone else can order one online, that shows as in stock, but then for some unknown reason it isn’t there in stock and the frustrated (attempted) purchaser can come on here and moan about how crap their stock control / monitoring is..

dannyh
    Free Member

Well, most recent order arrived on-time, correct address within two working days – so my own personal experience of PX is still very good overall…………….

Hopefully they have turned a corner.

greenmeansgo
    Free Member

Just to add my recent experiences:
    Order 2 – turned up with Royal Mail in a couple of days. Didn’t like it so I returned it – refund processed quickly. No problems.
    Order 1 – placed before order 2 but didn’t show up.
    Supposed to be sent with RM, but I get a Yodel card (with tracking starting at Sheffield). I ask PX if maybe they’ve sent it with Yodel by mistake? No, no, it was sent with RM – sorry it’s taken a while, but it’s not “lost” until 15 working days, so please wait another two weeks before getting back in touch. I try to arrange collection from Yodel, but it has been returned to sender instead of holding at the depot for 7 days. Don’t know why, maybe PX asked for it back?

Few days later,
    PX: Hi [wrong name] your order has been returned to us. Please confirm your address – if there was a problem your end we might charge you to send the order out again.
    Me: That’s not my name, but yes, that’s the correct address. I put it to you again that it was returned because you sent it with Yodel. Please send it with RM like you were supposed to.
    PX: Hi [different wrong name] the box might be too big to go with RM, but I’ll put a note on it for the warehouse.
    Me: That’s not my name either. I guess this [lack of] attention to detail is why you sent it with Yodel? Please send with RM.
    PX: It was sent with Yodel due to the size of the box. (At last they’re admitting they used the wrong courier -progress of sorts! Bear in mind this is just a tyre and a hoody, so it shouldn’t be a very big package.)
    Still waiting for it.

I really want to like PX, but they’re a bit too “we’re so Yorkshire and no-nonsense” for their own good sometimes. They’re just inconsistent because sometimes they process an order just fine, sometimes they’re really helpful, but other times they couldn’t care less.

flange
    Free Member

Think big picture

You’re having a f**king laugh right? I’ve called THREE times now to cancel the order and chase my refund. I was also told by the bloke on the phone that it had definitely been cancelled. If you’d bothered to read the thread, you’d see this.

You can shove your sarky comment about thinking big picture. I don’t want a friggin credit note or ‘my goods’ which I’ve cancelled. I want my money back.

wwaswas

Reading the last few paragraphs of the Planet-X story in Rouleur last night highlighted why a lot of these issues might be happening.

My synopsis;

1) lots of new senior staff brought in (including from CRC) who have experience of creating a scaleable business of this type.

2) New warehouses, systems introduced, staff numbers increased (CS go from 3 to 23, for example)

3) Intention being once all this change has happened the business will be sold to an MBO/VC grouping.

4) 3/4 of the way through the change existing owner decides he’s not going through with the sale

5) large number of senior managers leave.

6) systems not fully in place, bit of a loss of direction as hiatus settles down.

7) customers get to see the results of internal issues.

I suspect in a few months time it’ll all settle down again…

iolo
    Free Member

I’m sure Brant is reading this thread with a huge grin on his face thinking thank god I’m no longer with these shower of bloody idiots.
    Good luck s646645786467436635 or whatever your name is.
    I’ll give you a month before you resign.

dannyh
    Free Member

Reading the last few paragraphs of the Planet-X story in Rouleur last night highlighted why a lot of these issues might be happening.

My synopsis;

1) lots of new senior staff brought in (including from CRC) who have experience of creating a scaleable business of this type.

2) New warehouses, systems introduced, staff numbers increased (CS go from 3 to 23, for example)

3) Intention being once all this change has happened the business will be sold to an MBO/VC grouping.

4) 3/4 of the way through the change existing owner decides he’s not going through with the sale

6) systems not fully in place, bit of a loss of direction as hiatus settles down.

You won’t get anywhere on here with common sense like that, you know……….

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Could be worse Flange, you could be dealing with Dave Hinde…. 😆 😆 😆

Hope its sorted soon buddy.

muggomagic

flange – Member

Think big picture

You’re having a f**king laugh right? I’ve called THREE times now to cancel the order and chase my refund. I was also told by the bloke on the phone that it had definitely been cancelled. If you’d bothered to read the thread, you’d see this.

You can shove your sarky comment about thinking big picture. I don’t want a friggin credit note or ‘my goods’ which I’ve cancelled. I want my money back.[/quote]

Any chance you can patch us all in on the next phone call to PX?

geoffj

Any chance you can patch us all in on the next phone call to PX?

+1

kudos
    Free Member

These threads just get better and better!

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

My synopsis;

Good bit of analysis there, and I don’t doubt there’s some truth in it. But the fact is, Planet X have always been a bit “arsey” with their customers, a bit like SQ12345667985433 is being on here. Defensive, denialist, smart-arsed, process-[not result]focused.

About a decade ago, I had a minor run-in with Dave Loughran the owner, whilst attempting to give him several thousand pounds of my money. He was chippy, bad-tempered and difficult. Brant Richards (who lives locally to me) said “yep – some people just can’t deal with us”.

This attitude has always seemed to filter down at Planet X, and it comes out on the phones and in the warehouse. There is one CS call handler in particular (I will not name him here) who should be getting the sack for his appalling attitude towards customers. But he’s probably learned that attitude from the boss.

The funny thing is, apart from that run-in with the boss ten years ago, I’ve never had any problem with my [occasional] PX orders, and I am a happy rider of a PX bike!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Grrrrrr…. Planet X’ is closed to new replies.