Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Grrrrr – rookie Ebay seller content
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

I dont sell much but listed something at the weekend which I expect to go for £100 on a 7 day auction

When I put it online ebay automatically put up a suggested figure of £4.89 using collect plus which I stupidly agreed to

Now Ive had time to look into it £4.89 covers the cost of the delivery service only, not my bubble wrap and packaging and only offers insurance up to £50

Ive tried to amend my auction but it wont let me as I have had some bids

Now £3 isnt a big deal which is all Im looking for to cover my costs but the principle sucks a big one

Curious who would just suck it up and who would bin the auction and then start again with the real postage price?

Cheers

Jamie
    Free Member

Now £3 isnt a big deal

Agreed. Case closed.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

the principle sucks

Case reopened

Jamie
    Free Member

I stupidly agreed to

Case dismissed.

PePPeR

I just do free postage these days I sell the stuff for much higher prices and don’t get into petty arguments with the buyers over what it says on the stamp V what it actually costs to post!

bruneep

I expect to go for £100 on a 7 day auction

If it goes for less will you cancel, if it goes for more will you refund wining bidder?

dannybgoode

I have been selling on ebay since he very early days. I now know that sometimes something costs a bit more to post than you quoted, sometimes a bit less.

Sometimes an item goes for less than you expect and sometimes a surprising amount more.

If you want to get the going rate for something look up what you are selling and check the latest sold prices. Then stick it on a BiN for 10-15% more and accept offers. Someone will offer what you want for it more or less and it usually sells quicker than via auction.

Speeder

Suck it up and put it down to experience.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Now £3 isnt a big deal which is all Im looking for to cover my costs but the principle sucks a big one

What principle? The one where you went for the suggested postage rather than using the option to set your own price?

What weight is the item your posting? If its under a kilo it’s only £2.78 through Hermes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Grrrrr – rookie Ebay seller content’ is closed to new replies.