Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Grrrr…. why can't I access the internet on my HTC Desire?
  • psychle
    Free Member

It’s just stopped working for some reason… phone is fine, getting weather updates etc, have plenty of ‘bars’ in signal, but it’s not showing any HSDPA or 3G signal… have done all the usual things like switch it off, remove SIM, try to connect to a different network and reconnect back to Vodafone, all to no avail… any ideas on what I could be missing? Or do we think it may just be a faulty phone? 🙁

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Tried on Wifi?

dave_aber
    Free Member

Capped data plan?

They do hoover up some amount of data with all the bells & whistles switched on.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Happened to me a few weeks ago. I ended up having to do a full reset which meant loosing all my apps and data. Cured it though. I believe you can back up all your data onto your SD card but I could’nt be bothered as I didn’t have a lot on it anyway.
    Have a look on the HTC web site for more info. 🙂
    Edit; Factory reset

woody2000

Have you turned off mobile data connections by accident?

In Settings, Wireless & Network, Mobile Network (just in case you didn’t know!)

mr_krabs
    Free Member

Hold down the power button until the menu appears and check if mobile internet is switched on. if it’s not that it could be the network, or something to do with a limit on your phone. I had a similar problem once when I was with 3 and it was due to me not paying the bill on time (forgot to set up direct debit with new bank). Paid it and the services restored

Davy
    Free Member

Have you tried just doing a force close on the internet app? (menu/settings/applications/manage applications/running) You can also clear the data from there, but that will also clear out any bookmarks/saved passwords etc, so back them up first.

Is there any chance you’re picking up a wifi signal with no internet connection? Your phone should default to the wifi signal, so if there’s no connection beyone the router it’ll just sit there and play dead.

glenh
    Free Member

Check your APNs (Access Point Names under mobile network settings). These need to be correct for your network to enable data connections.

It might just be that your network has cut you off….

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I’m finding mine a bit dodgy at times – email client needs refresh every time I need emails (sync is on) updating rather than doing it as they come in, hardly ever connects to mobile reception when out of wifi range and I often have real problems connecting to other wifi systems.

Seamless it most certainly is not.

I’m fairly sure some issues have been since updating to Android 2.2

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

The internet access point settings sometimes get corrupted. Call your operator helpdesk and get them to resend them by SMS. When they come through use the save option to get them into the phone

GrahamS

Seems fine on my iPhone 😉

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Seems fine on my iPhone

Apart from the fact that all owners are c**ts 😉 😆

Cougar

What about the obvious – reboot the phone?

Cougar

Seems fine on my iPhone

… so long as you don’t hold it by the edges.

glenh
    Free Member

I’d just like to point out that this definitely isn’t an Android issue. I’ve used every release version of android (and several pre-release versions too) and network connections (GPRS/3G/HSDPA and wifi) have always worked perfectly for me.

I suspect it’s either something wrong with your phone configuration, or you network is not allowing you access for some reason.

Dark-Side

seems fine on my iPhone

It’s fine on my Desire HD as well, but I can see the CRC banner under this thread unlike you
    🙂

jam-bo

and thats a plus? burning up data allowance on advertising….

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

On wifi, which most people use, it doesn’t matter…

bassspine
    Free Member

Surf-Mat – Member

Seems fine on my iPhone

Apart from the fact that all owners are c**ts

I actually LOLled!

Dark-Side

and thats a plus? burning up data allowance on advertising….

As Surf Mat suggested, I’m using WiFi and have unlimited data use anyway.

jam-bo

On wifi, which most people use, it doesn’t matter…

and this thread is about?

i like the concept of android, but in practice I spend my whole bloody work life tinkering around with electronics and fixing problems. I can’t be arsed to do it the rest of the time.

as to how to fix it? probably finger trouble, turn it off and on again.
    fixes 95% of problems. if that doesnt work, buy a new one.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Grrrr…. why can't I access the internet on my HTC Desire?’ is closed to new replies.