Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Grrr Talk Talk
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ve been a Talk Talk customer for a while now and Im in the process of moving home.

Firstly i’ve been unable to actually place the order to move home as i’ve been told the systems have been down (since saturday it seems!)

Secondly and more worryingly I’ve been told that i cant retain my existing phone number, even though Im moving approx 200 metres away!
    Im absolutely furious as I know this is not down to the ability to do it, but because Talk Talk choose not to do this.

This is not acceptable when pretty much all supliers can do this, yet somehow Talk Talk think this is not necessary!

I know this is down to Talk Talk because I do this for a living and they’ve just chosen not to do it to make their lives easier, **** arses the lot of them. They even tried to claim it cost £300 so they chose not to offer it to the customers, more BS. ****.

stumpy01

Can’t you just ditch Talk Talk and swap over to someone like BT or whoever on the same date you move house? Or are you locked into a contract?

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ll still lose my number though.

I’d rather not ditch Talk Talk as they fit my needs / costs well. Plus most of my relations are on them, so it costs nothing to speak to them.
    They aren’t doing themselves any favours though.

ourmaninthenorth

I’ll still lose my number though.

This is odd. What were the reasons given?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Because they dont want to do it.
    Its total b*llsh*t as Im a provisioning manager for a comms company and have done it for my customers. BUT It can be fiddly and needs to be managed and I suspect they don’t have the resources to manage it correctly.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m amazed that you’re in the industry and you’re with Talk Talk. Most offensive company I’ve ever encountered. Doesn’t help you though.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You should be able to retain your number even if going to another supplier I thought.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Dez, indeed, but their pricing is hard to beat!!
    I’ve had no issues with them until now. What was your ‘mare then?

bigyinn
    Free Member

TJ yes I should, but the trouble is Talk Talk LLU the line, so its not a straightforward move to another supplier.
    I personally think its disgraceful that they could do it if they (as a company) wanted to, but choose not to, just because its a PITA for them. Wish I could be so selective in my job.

DezB
    Free Member

What was your ‘mare then?

Salesman blagging his way into the house, almost getting the wife to sign up until she came to her senses and turfed him out… Then 3 days later 2 TT salesman turn up on my doorstep. They didn’t last long!

soobalias
    Free Member

thats how they can offer you the price you pay, by cutting to the bone everywhere possible.

harsh tho.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yep, they’ve had their chance and im orf.
    Done a deal with the boss so I can restart a line at the new house and take the number back from Talk Talk at all cost price. Once done i’ll sign up with another SP which isn’t called Talk Talk.
    At the moment PlusNet are looking good in terms of price…..
    Time for a which phone line and ISP thread…

lesoxdh
    Free Member

it is not a PITA as you say for talktalk to point the number! At this moment in time talktalk can only set up a new LLU line in the exchange and not transfer the current LLU line. It is not the company saying that, but BT openreach. Openreach and talktalk have been working on a fix to do the transfer but the company is still waiting for the date to confirm that it can be done and completed correctly. It was tried at the beginning of the year and more work was need at both end. So at the moment it is a new number. But call them as the system update which was carried over the weekend is now completed.

ourmaninthenorth

Yes, if LLU then an Openreach issue.

Sadly, the world of comms is a whiole lot more complicated than consumers are aware. What’s annoying is that, just because it’s complicated, doesn’t mean that consumers shouldn’t get what they want.

This is a case in point.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I thought the point of LLU was BT aren’t supplying any of the equipment, only providing the manpower and engineers.
    Like Openreach but without the openreach equipment.
    So surely its down to Talk Talk to sort it.
    Anyway im sorting it out through work, restarting a ceased line on site and then porting the number away from Talk Talk to the restarted line.
    Once sorted i’ll then go to either O2 or PlusNet I think.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Grrr Talk Talk’ is closed to new replies.