Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • growing old and grumpy… a question for STW
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Also not being able to type on an iPhone at my age causes the grumps.

toab
    Free Member

@sandwich – you claim not to grumpy yet you make stew with kittens?

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

ive waited Years to become a grumpy owd giffer and now im reveling in my misery and love letting Everyone know about it 😀 now bugger off ya jumped up young rapscallions (shakes fist in a menacing way) Lmao

but seriously tho, i love being grumpy, it suits me pug ugly mush 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

we wont be hearing from TSY for at least 4 weeks

TSY wasnt very good at finding cat photos, but in his honour i’m going to post this:

PeteG55
    Free Member

Its threads like this that keep me coming back to STW. Can’t help but start giggling like a child reading some these very random posts.
    Definitely been grumpy this year, but STW always raises a smile.

tazzymtb

is TSY going away or has he been a very bad boy?

PeteG55
    Free Member

If hes going by Parcel Farce, it could well be longer.

philconsequence
    Free Member

naughty boy, but not actually naughty he typed **** actually as the little stars and not the swear word apparently. but it was directed at the mods….

epicyclo

Apparently you live longer if you’re grumpy.

Or does it just seem that way….

tazzymtb

oh no he’ll go mental! before you know it he’ll be on every dating website and mumsnet causing mayhem…and what will the ladies do without a flash of his manly bosom. They will only be left the awesomeness that is matt or the hairyscary veganess that is MTG to brighten their STW fiday mens threads on the forum for a month.

CashCowell
    Free Member

I have actually had a pretty awesome year again, but I do find the frivilous banter of STW a welcome accompaniment to my general success. Keep up the good work chaps.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’ve got a stock pile of photos ready for that thread if its allowed to start again…

DezB
    Free Member

That’s some cat

tazzymtb

phil ….that’s me!

philconsequence
    Free Member

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Am I risking an STW holiday by asking if the yeti got banned? In his defence, it was obvious that he was joking – he typed the first comment at me, then aimed the same one at the mods, but as I said, In my opinion it was obviously a joke. Bring the yeti back for Christmas!

DezB
    Free Member

Mitch mitch mitch. Oh mitch, surely you realise JOKES ARE NOT ALLOWED.

nickc

Yeti got banned for that?

Harsh.

philconsequence
    Free Member

if your risking getting banned for asking a question then i’ll happily risk getting banned with you for answering… 4 weeks ban.

he’s being sensible and emailing the mods about it though, there’s a risk by spending the next 4 weeks on mumsnet we’ll loose him for good. or it’ll break his addiction to STW 🙁

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I for one will miss his furry pelt, and shall raise a glass of yaks milk to him on Christmas day. 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m going to print out the forum rules, then burn them in his honour.

then i’m going to come back on here and play by the rules as normal like a good boy 😯

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Come to think of it, the three people that I named in my first post on this thread have all been encouraged to take some time out on various occasions. Is that ice I can hear creaking?

lazybike
    Free Member

I’m going to wear low bats till he comes back…….

philconsequence
    Free Member

*buys suede jacket from charity shop in lunchbreak*

*puts on suede jacket*

*cries*

cinnamon_girl

Time for another ‘sexy party’ at Swinley with the bad boys. 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, did I see a suede jacket?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeti’s bin banned??

Cheeze; is there anyone interesting on this forum who hasn’t bin banned??

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Step AWAY from the thread elf. 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

how do i start a petition for a “sexy party” sub-section on STW?… “no rules, no mods… just leave your keys in the bowl”

sharki
    Free Member

There was a time years ago where a few STW’r got banned at the same time. They went on the form another no holds barred forum to which still exists today.. With the tight moding here, a good few characters will have a holiday now and again, leaving others the chance to get a word in.

As for grumpiness…They make me feel better about myself. So glad i’m not a miserable twonk like they can be.

I like to fit in somewhere between the mature and emotianally adjusted.

afrothunder88

This thread contains major lollage.

“Growing Old is Mandatory – Growing Up Is Optional”

oldgit
    Free Member

Banned GOOD.

dogpower
    Free Member

seriously.. don’t worry about redundancy. Have a real objective think about what you need and what you want to spend time on. I’m aiming for tax-free (earning under £6370 per anum). Cash is tight but I’m doing some stuff I never had time for. ‘Stick it to The Man!’

Sandwich

@Toab
    I’m flattered, a minor stalking 😉

Sandwich

Ignore me my mind is going with age. What did I come in here for……?

yunki
    Free Member

I’m not one of the particularly happy bunch.. as someone fast approaching middle age I think it’s my right to have moodswings..

I’m usually fairly cheerful though.. and I find that liberally sugaring my tenderness with sugar to attract ants and then lying in areas with large insect populations all summer helps..

Sticking it to the man as mentioned above is also a useful technique to master on the path to avoiding bitterness and resentment in life.. and will also point you in the right sort of direction for achieving enlightenment..

druidh
    Free Member

I probably qualify as one of the older folk on this forum. I don’t think I’m very grumpy, but I do often run out of patience with some folk/things. Perhaps it’s because I’m more aware of time running out?

iDave
    Free Member

I’m 44, i’m not grumpy, just indifferent and hard to impress. mleh

lazybike
    Free Member

We’re all dying its just a matter of when………..and a happy new year!

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘growing old and grumpy… a question for STW’ is closed to new replies.