Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Grovely Wood (calling Salisbury locals)
  • I'm planning a route for a group which will take in the Hare Warren singletrack. That will get us to Wilton and onwards to Grovely Wood.

Are there any interesting trails in here? That straight wide track that runs right through the middle doesn't exactly inspire. We intend to finish up at the western end and return on the Ox Drove.

RichPenny
    Free Member

There are some but it's mostly flat. Go up from Ditchampton but take the gravel path (right fork) up to the wide bit rather than tarmac. Take the middle path up through the gate, then cross over the ditch on your right at the top and hug the fence to get to the start of 1st drove.

There is some slightly interesting stuff which runs parallel to the drove on the south side. You could use this to get to the junction where the 2nd drove starts. Go down through the gate then take the first right, shown on the map as a circular loop. If you follow the loop round and go right at the end junction it links up with the footpath on the north western fringes, which is ok.

Map

Id say you want to have a play on Harnham slope, which is fun, and do scratchy path, which is the bridleway between the hospital and the A354/start of Shaston Drove.

If I'm about, happy to show you around if you want… Mind the only races I'll ever win are cake eating ones 🙂

Got it thanks RP.

You'd better let cinnamon_girl know if there's bluebelles in there 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Anna-B
    Free Member

the fun path in Grovelly is good, it's a loop that goes past a nature reserve, I think that's the one Rich is talking about – look for a blue duck on the map!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Grovely Wood (calling Salisbury locals)’ is closed to new replies.