Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Grove Street 4 Life… retro games content.
  • GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’ve just downloaded Grand Theft Auto San Andreas on the Xbox.

I’d forgotten how good this game is. I love my hippedy hop and that from the late 80’s/early 90’s. A classic!

Better than GTA4 I reckon, what do you think?

Cougar

I think that if you think San Andreas is “retro gaming,” you’re about 20 years younger than I am.

Best GTA game IMHO was Vice City. Best game-that-GTA-should-have-been is Red Dead Redemption.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I like my proper retro games too Cougar, used to have a Spectrum 48K and a Commodore 64. 🙂

Weirdly, I love all the GTA games, but never got on with Red Dead Redemption for some reason.

The Warriors for the PS2 was absolutely fantastic though, another great Rockstar game.

Lifer
    Free Member

San Andreas is the finest computer game ever, countless hours just pissing about on that! Red Dead was brilliant but the setting limited the side missions, ride, shoot, ride, pick flowers, ride, ride, shoot, skin, ride, shop. When I completed it they rewarded me by shooting one of my favourite characters (in a computer game) and replaced him with one so annoying I stopped playing.

What’s Warriors like? Free Roaming?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I know what you mean about San Andreas, Lifer. It’s just all round great.

Yeah, I got bored with Red Dead before I’d even finished it which is strange.

The Warriors is mint, not free roaming, except for the side missions, but it captured the feel of the films to a tee. It was one of the most enjoyable ps2 games I’ve played. Up there with San Andreas and Shadow of the Collossus in my opinion.

meehaja
    Free Member

Slightly more retro, my new house had some copied PC games in the loft… GTA (the original) was in it… wonder if I can run it on my mac, I used to love that, especially making my own levels/cars

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I think you can download the original GTA off the Rockstar website Meehaja – for absolutely nothing!

flyingmonkeycorps

I preferred ICO to Shadow of the Colossus… But only just. Both amazing games 😀

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I never got to play ICO, despite all the great feedback. 😥

geminafantasy
    Free Member

Love the GTA series and I agree san andreas is perhaps the best, but if we’re talking gangs and retro, it’s all about Streets Of Rage on the mega drive!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Grove Street 4 Life… retro games content.’ is closed to new replies.