Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Group rides in the South – anyone organising one?
  • cinnamon_girl

As per the title really. There were some fantastic Forum Rides in the South/South West last year so just hoping that some more will be arranged for this year 8)

Anyone volunteering, pretty please?

Thank you so much!

oldfart

think i'm involved in 1 or 2 cg !

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

It seemed that last year there was one every few weeks or so.
    Been coming on recently hoping to find a thread advertising forum rides in the south and having something to look forward to. Unfortunately my knowledge of the area is not good otherwise i'd have a go at oranising one.

rOcKeTdOg

yep

njee20
    Free Member

I'm happy to lead one around the Surrey Hills sometime! Don't really know Swinley well enough to lead a group, can guarantee we'd get lost!

cinnamon_girl

Ooooh, some replies, thank you!

oldfart – you definitely are! Will need some dates though.

Mulletus – fear not, I always need second opinions (as you know) so if any are near you, you will be asked 🙂

Rocketdog – any 26er girlies allowed?

njee – thank you but I believe you're a bit quick 😉

cinnamon_girl

Should have said that so far I am happy to do another Chilterns one, provided the lovely locals can help out with the whippet group. It would naturally have the same theme again 😉

Also there was mention of Farley Mount, near Winchester. Again, am happy to sort out a route if someone can lead the whippets.

If anyone has any ideas or wants to run anything by me, e-mail in profile.

Cheers.

C_G map geek/route planner/bossy boots

snaps
    Free Member

I'm happy to show anyone around the lesser known bits Exmoor – we had a couple of good outings with the guys from MTB Britain last year in the week before the Exmoor Explorer.

cinnamon_girl

Thank you snaps!

lowey

OR… you could venture to the north and have a cracking ride in the lakes with the "northern chapter". Be great to meet you.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stw-northern-chapter-january-lakes-ride-sunday-24th-january-o

I could mention several good hostilities in Ambleside for an overnight stay 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Just a little bumpity bump, seeing as we all have a wee bit more time on our hands currently 😀

Anyone got any ideas? Don't be shy!

lowey – there is a rumour that I will be visiting the Lakes in the summer 8) Thank you for your invite!

cinnamon_girl

And, of course, it goes without saying that there will be another Swinley Forest ride. 'Attached' people are invited naturally 😉

But of course am dependant on guides/sweepers so if anyone wants to step forward and offer their services, that would be brilliant 8)

RichPenny
    Free Member

I'm working on a Sailsbury loop at the moment. It involves some illegal jumps, a pub by the river and a few cheeky bits (including a footpath through someones garden and a nature reserve). If I can get a tobacconists and a 4×4 in there I reckon I can alienate almost everyone on the forum 😆

sharki
    Free Member

Quantocks jolly in March again…

This time a whole weekend of riding, eating and drinking.

ook earlier to avoid disapointment, B&B deals or camping available….

cinnamon_girl

Rich – you've lost me ❓

cinnamon_girl

sharki – sounds good, got a date yet?

neilnevill
    Free Member

I could lead one round Bristol, or the Gap, or BMKL, or FOD if people are interested enough and it can be arranged for a date i can get myself west. Otherwise I can lead one across Epping Forest :?….well, we make do.

sharki
    Free Member

When Ali gets back, her and Daddy knottie will sort a date, put it too the forum and we'll go from there,,

I'll assist in route plans, notifying the rangers, etc and more orange signs to aid the masses.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Anywhere within a half hour dash from the maternity hospital will do in the next few weeks 😕

RichPenny
    Free Member

Just commenting on the negativity of this place at times. I would feel a responsibility to point out that my ride will include an illegal jump spot, drinking alcohol and riding on some footpaths. Thinking about it, I can get a second pub stop in, and they serve some fantastic chips 🙂

Karinofnine

I ride out in the Hertford area most weekends. Would love some company.

DT78
    Free Member

I'm happy to take people round Lordswood in soton, though somehow I think it's hardly worth travelling for….!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yes please everyone Qs,Exmoor,Swinley,Salisbury etc. Love to FOD as I dont go there for fear of getting lost.

I was delighted with the Mendip ride last August so will arrange another one this year.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Purbecks No.3 April?

cinnamon_girl

Wow – sounds like a lot happening 😀

Karin – post up a date or do invite only. Depends on how many of us you could cope with!

Rich – usual crew perhaps?

neil – FOD sounds good too!

rusty – Purbecks again sounds good!

woohoo and woohoo again!!

neilnevill
    Free Member

right, I'll need to organise a sweeper or two for FOD. I'll get on it. Oh and If I head west for a weekend I will probably stay down there so could do one of the other rides on the 2nd day of the weekend. Gap and Black Mountains Liller loop are both classics…hint, hint.

lowey

C_G, Pop the bike in the car

You could even have an overnight stay in Ambleside. Reason enough in my book.

Be nice to meet up with you.

mboy
    Free Member

FOD sounds good too!

I *might* know someone who knows a fair few trails down the FOD quite possibly and has mentioned it to you a fair few times before if you fancy coming over this way Elaine! 🙄

😉

hehehe

Seriously though, I know enough for probably 3 or 4 hours on the bike, I know people who know enough to be going on with for weeks and weeks solid down there… You wanna ride FOD, it can be arranged…

liquidlogic_fritz
    Free Member

Im up for some group rides when back from offshore, live right down in Devon though up for some travelling around..

DrP

Anywhere within a half hour dash from the maternity hospital will do in the next few weeks

Same here! 4 weeks and counting…..

Me and Rusty can get together an organise Purbeck ride No 3 in April then! Then back to mine for a BBQ???

DrP

jedi

karin, i live in hertford and know this end of hertfordshire like the back of my hand

mcinnes
    Free Member

Some buddies and I can arrange Brighton if there's the appetite 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

hang on, aren't you already arranging a grope ride in the SW?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Annoyingly I have stayed right by the gap but never ridden it. The beacons hold a special place in my heart so that would be a great ride for me. Ridden a few times in the black mountains, fantastic! I think that would be a great weekend

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

MrNutt – Premier Member

hang on, aren't you already arranging a grope ride in the SW?

You are thinking more about the dogging than the riding there Mr Nutt.

Pook

Of course you're all welcome on the northern meets too!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Dr P – sounds like a deal, IF we're allowed out by then 🙁

Karinofnine

Jedi, maybe we could arrange a STW ride? How about Hertford, Tewin, Harmer Green Woods, Watton, Bennington, Ardley (good cafe there), back to H via Bramfield Woods?

I'm riding tomorrow (too short notice for everyone) but around 17/01/10 – is that too short notice as well?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

There's some good variations on The Gap ride. The BBs are great scenic set of hills too.

cinnamon_girl

Wow! So many replies 😀 It's going to be a great year me thinks 8)

Agree about The Gap, loved it!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Group rides in the South – anyone organising one?’ is closed to new replies.