Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Group ride this weekend (Berks/Hants/Wilts/Oxon)
  • dafoxster
    Free Member

I've managed to get a free weekend for the bank holiday weekend and plan to hit the trails. Anybody interested in a group ride anywhere within an hours drive from Newbury? Ridgeway/Kingsclere/Chilterns…etc? Suggestions welcomed.

Nothing too extreme 20-35 miles in a few hours.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Possibly, although………………

Moving house
    Car being fixed
    Going to see parents
    Reading Festival

Will all be further up the things to do list, I hate being too busy to ride 🙁

gusamc
    Free Member

interested, esp if pace is slowish ;+),

how about N of Newbury, Beedon, E Ilsley, Ridgeway area.

rob2
    Free Member

If i can get my wife to look after the kids on sat afternoon could do ridgeway/goring area. Again, nothing too fast (kids = no training = fat = unfit) but deffo up for something

dafoxster
    Free Member

Ridgeway area north of Newbury is good for me. Don't worry I prefer a steady pace. Saturday afternoon is good, how about 2pm? Where's a good start point? I know the Ridgeway to the west but I'm not familiar with the eastern section so where is there a good loop?

rob2
    Free Member

managed to negotiate a pass for sat and 2pm sounds good!

I can think of a loop out of pangbourne, up through goring and onto the ridgeway. Or could meet up down newbury way. I'm pretty easy, I'm happy to be out!

dafoxster
    Free Member

Pangbourne area is good for me. Always good to get to know new trails. Where's a good meet point?

rob2
    Free Member

could meet at the station car park? Pretty easy to find and there's a pub over the road for a beer after? I think the car park is free on a saturday, if not could just park round the corner.

Gusamc – do you know any other routes, don't really know my way round illsey area but looks nice on a map!

gusamc
    Free Member

Hi

yep can do 2.

Re Newbury area, I do a couple of routes from there (don't really know them but can follow a map and just see what happens – there's a lot there)

dafoxster
    Free Member

Sounds great, 2pm Saturday at Pangbourne Station it is then.

Rob, what sort of distance is the loop you have in mind?

rob2
    Free Member

hi, I was thinking about 20-25 miles. Take me about 2-2:5 hours but there are options to add or take away.

Might have a cheeky bit of footpath for a downhill 🙂 and should be pretty weatherproof.

pete68
    Free Member

Hi guys ,I'm local and will try to be there if thats okay.If I'm not there by 2 then carry on without me.I'll have to see how my time goes.

dafoxster
    Free Member

No problem, anybody fancying a pootle on the Ridgeway is welcome.

sherlockuk
    Free Member

If you guys fancy another ride sometime soon, then please let me know as i would be up for it!

Cheers,

Tom.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Group ride this weekend (Berks/Hants/Wilts/Oxon)’ is closed to new replies.