• This topic has 118 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by grum.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 119 total)
  • Grounding/Earthing Technology used in the Tour de France
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Re arthritic pain in my hand, the pain and stiffness gets so bad I can`t make a fist, let alone brake properly!
    When I hold onto a piece of copper band connected to an earthing rod outside, it still amazes me that within 20 mins I can move my fingers smoothly, easily and with no pain and only when I make a tight fist can I feel a very slight pain.

No doubt there’s less pain being felt, whether that has anything to do with being ‘earthed’ to the ‘earth’ which your fairly well connected to the other 23 hours and 40minutes of the day is a different matter.

Other explanations:
    Holding a cold lump of metal reduces the inflamation
    Meditiation/relaxing (c.f. walking on hot coals)
    Placebo

bikebouy
    Free Member

You need to offer yourself up for proper medical testing MrMagent.

You can then return with accredited “facts”

And blind us all with seance, sorry, science.

treemagnet
    Free Member

Most footwear will insulate you from earth, so unless you go barefoot or connect otherways, you`ll be disconnected from the earth most, if not all day and night.

Granted the tour de france vid wasn`t the best example, but those guys are always looking for an edge …be it legal or not!

Its been long known that if you stand barefoot on the grass before heading off to bed, youll improve sleep. Why is that?

thepurist

So treemagnet, have you tried a blind study where you do your thing and someone else either connects or disconnects the earthing rod to see if you notice a difference? Just one way to decide whether the earthing is the important factor in your case. Then we just need to add stuff like a control, a few more participants…

Maybe we can add another condition where participants just hold a radiator (which is/isn’t earthed) to see if it’s the copper band that’s important etc. etc.

As for

Its been long known that if you stand barefoot on the grass before heading off to bed, youll improve sleep.

Long know by who?
    How long do you need to stand on the grass?
    How long before going to bed?
    How is quality of sleep measured?

ormondroyd
    Free Member

What sort of grass should I use? I’ve got a bag of the B&Q luxury lawn stuff. Would that work?

wwaswas

Its been long known

= it’s an old wives tale?

tracknicko
    Free Member

wow. i like this thread.

glupton1976
    Free Member

The underlying irony of this thread is fantastic.

manton69

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGuXCuDb1U[/video]

This is very funny but should make you think about any remedy without proof…

njee20
    Free Member

Its been long known that if you stand barefoot on the grass before heading off to bed, youll improve sleep. Why is that?

Why has it been known that?

A: It hasn’t…

GrahamS

Most footwear will insulate you from earth, so unless you go barefoot or connect otherways, you`ll be disconnected from the earth most, if not all day and night.

Except when you touch pretty much any home appliance that is earthed. Or the metal taps on your bathroom sink. Do you often feel better after brushing your teeth? 😉

treemagnet
    Free Member

Nah, I`ve not tried any proper study, just tried it out on myself.

If youre interested, why not try it out and see if you notice any improvements? Actually, why dont you all try out for a week and post up the results?

Re standing on the grass, yeah that was passed down by father in law and from his parents etc, maybe not scientifically proven, but that doesnt mean it cant work.
    Just do it for as long as you feel you need/ want to.
    Why does everything have to be measured and monitored?

Anyway, anyone up for testing it out?

franksinatra

m not pushing to sell any products,you dont need to buy anything, just connect with the earth more and you`ll feel the benefits.

It`s helping me get back into biking after a long time off from injuries, so I thought I was being helpful by passing it on.

And this is backed up with YouTube evidence….

you are Kaesae and I claim my £5!

bencooper
    Free Member

Why does everything have to be measured and monitored?

Because otherwise people will spend their money on silly conductive sheets?

There’s a very simple test you can do – get a voltmeter, hold one lead, and touch the other lead to earth – a radiator pipe will do. See any voltage flow?

Now I’m going to sit back and wait for the comments about voltmeters measuring the “wrong” kind of electrons 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

you are Kaesae and I claim my £5!

I’d considered that too

njee20
    Free Member

If youre interested, why not try it out and see if you notice any improvements? Actually, why dont you all try out for a week and post up the results?

I think we’ve established that we’re not, but thanks for highlighting it anyway!

As an aside, why is your font constantly changing? Is that the flow of electrons through your keyboard disrupting things or sommat!?

AlexSimon

There’s a very simple test you can do – get a voltmeter, hold one lead, and touch the other lead to earth – a radiator pipe will do. See any voltage flow?

I just tried – yes, I get 4.5V AC. What does this show?

GrahamS

I just can’t trust a man that consistently uses the wrong apostrophe, despite the fact it makes the forum go screwy. 😀

RE: standing on grass. Dilating the blood vessels in your hands and feet is good for sleep (says science). I’d suggest that if you make them cold (by standing on cold wet grass) and then warm them up again, then you may get a similar effect. No “earthing” going on.

ontor
    Free Member

@ ben – you mean an ammeter of course…

mrjmt
    Free Member

Not a lot, voltage is measured across a load, so you’d need to discharge through a resistor (for example) to earth and measure the voltage across that.

With just a meter should measure the current flowing when you discharge to earth.

🙄 😆

edit – apparently it took me ages to write that!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I had a blinding headache, so decided to give this earthing lark a go, so I went into the garden and drove a 4 foot copper spike through my foot and into lawn.

Imagine my surprise when the headache seemed to vanish instantly!

headfirst
    Free Member

uses the wrong apostrophe

I was wondering how he did that

treemagnet
    Free Member

Liked the storm vid 😀

Don`t know what kaesae is???

Yeah, bit annoying re the font going weird …what am I doing to cause that?

bencooper
    Free Member

You’re surrounded by more electrical equipment than I am? I get 0.7V AC 😉

Yeah, ammeter to measure current flow, but there should still be a DC potential there if this were true.

headfirst
    Free Member

ROFL* at cheesyfeet!! 😀

*haven’t used that in ages!

njee20
    Free Member

Aaaah, that explains it. Didnt know you could do that. Why would anyone usethat` apostrophe!?

klumpy
    Free Member

“Earthing”, that is eliminating any potential difference between yourself and the earth, is instantaneous. You don’t need to hold the copper grounded magic hand cure thing for 20 minutes in order to earth yourself, you just need to touch it at all. Or, as has been mentioned, any tap in your house. So we all earth ourselves every time we clean our teeth before bed. And it does absolutely nothing except fend off tooth decay and gum disease. But that might be due to the toothpaste – and the fluoride in the water. (We probably need a thread on that.)

mrjmt
    Free Member

I haven’t slept or been able to move since I was 5 and I rubbed a balloon on my head to make my hair stand up.
    Its awful.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

RE: standing on grass. Dilating the blood vessels in your hands anf feet is good for sleep. I’d suggest that if you make them cold (by standing on cold wet grass, then warm them up again, then you get a similar effect. No “earthing” going on.

I was going to point out something similar, same applies to brushing your teeth and having a cold drink.

Something in your house is earthing, un plug everything and see if you can figure out what by plugging them back in one at a time (switchign on/off wont do it). Either that your your meters FUBAR.

klumpy
    Free Member

See any voltage flow?

AAAAAGH!! 👿

bencooper
    Free Member

Something in your house is earthing

I was assuming it was an induced voltage from the ring main?

instanthit
    Free Member

i haven’t tried the earthing product but i have a mate, who has had long standing insomnia and back pain, from a slipped disc, who has been using this and said his sleep pattern is back to normal and pain is significantly improved. Both factors have helped him ride his bike more.
    Sounds good to me, id be up for giving it a trial.

bencooper
    Free Member

I blame magnetic monopoles.

GrahamS

Something in your house is earthing, un plug everything and see if you can figure out what by plugging them back in one at a time

Or just see which appliance is looking a bit more sprightly than usual 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

@ ben – you mean an ammeter of course…

Depends what you’re trying to achieve, an ammeter would earth you.

treemagnet
    Free Member

Has everyone got copper plumbing?

What if youve got plastic pipes/pushfit stuff ...that wouldnt be earthed then would it?

bencooper
    Free Member

AAAAAGH!!

Bingo 😉

AlexSimon

tinas – have you done it? What reading do you get.
    I get the same reading whether I use a radiator or a earth in a plug socket. Trying to get to all the sockets in our house is problematic, but you think it’s worth checking?

atlaz
    Free Member

Don`t know what kaesae is???

We aren’t entirely sure either. He exhibits similar youtube research traits to your good self though

treemagnet
    Free Member

Oh, I think I’ve just sussed the apostrophe thing …well, if this looks allright I have. 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘Grounding/Earthing Technology used in the Tour de France’ is closed to new replies.