• This topic has 89 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by km79.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • Gross Profiteering
  • Rorschach
    Free Member

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

The OP asked a question and now is being coerced into a charitable donation.

This sort of lings a bell…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’ll give you three hundred pounds* if Kryton does a naked turbotrainer calendar

*to gouge my eyes out

Kryton57

So Tom got here before me so this will now seem too little too late. But…

My intention was not to slag of Tom, but to question the morals of the situations. Clearly my thoughts on the subject are slightly adrift of the norm and perhaps in that respect I am wrong.

If I’ve offended Tom, or laid doubt on his character I sincerely apologise.

I will not be coerced into a charitable donation on the basis I contribute already yet choose not to make my contribution to charity – financial or otherwise – public.

If Tom believes that last para deserves an explanation my email is in my profile.

dannyh
    Free Member

certain lifestyle device up from grabs at £100

That is one expensive dildo.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

The Pinkster – Member
    but there’s a certain lifestyle device up from grabs at £100
    That’s a lot to pay for a second hand Rabbit.
    POSTED 55 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

dannyh – Member
    certain lifestyle device up from grabs at £100
    That is one expensive dildo.

Maybe because it’s so slow.

tthew

I know this is way off topic, but that gif of the woman getting smashed on the face by a watermelon. 😯 bloody hell, that could have killed her!

RobHilton
    Free Member

I will not be coerced into a charitable donation on the basis I contribute already

bearnecessities

She cantaloupted herself in the face.

richmtb

We do lots of work for charidee mate….

….But we don’t like to talk about it

Edit

Too Slow

flange
    Free Member

So much hand wringing!

Tom is paid, the charity is paid, I get my lifestyle device/rabbit and everyone is a winner.

I’m off to sell some wheels now, which I paid full RRP for.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Not sure what gives the OP the right to moralise about something that had nothing to do with him whatsoever. I don’t care for his infinite navel gazing on here, but I don’t start threads whining about it.

And yes you were indirectly slagging him off, suggesting he shouldn’t be doing something because YOU don’t approve.
    If someone had given him the device for free to help him out, then he goes to sell it, well thats a different matter.

Personally I wouldn’t have mentioned winning the item, so as not to attract the hang wringers like the OP on here.
    Perhaps Tom is struggling financially at the moment and needs the cash. Who knows? Its none of OUR business.
    (Well done Tom for making a charitable donation BTW)

wwaswas

which I paid full RRP for

mug 😉

Nico
    Free Member

When does said gross profiteering become petty profiteering? And why does said profiteering merit capitalisation in said post’s subject/title?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    which I paid full RRP for

mug

They were from superstar, it’s Roughly Round Premium not Recommended Retail Price.

legend
    Free Member

The most successful salesman on STW won’t dip into his Christmas bonus – teh horror!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Gareth Cheeseman?

Jamie
    Free Member

My intention was not to slag of Tom, but to question the morals of the situations. Clearly my thoughts on the subject are slightly adrift of the norm and perhaps in that respect I am wrong.

I hate a pile on, but that was your intention. As you are questioning his moral fortitude.

What I don’t get is you refrained from posting in the for sale thread, but then splooshed the topic all over the chat forum instead?

shifter
    Free Member

What tthew said.

Kryton57

Jamie- I was questioning the act, not Tom personally.

As has been highlighted, it appears I think differently in that position than most others.

My intention was not to derail his Sale, but to ask a question of the moral position in general using his advert as an example, hence posting it here and not there.

Jakester
    Free Member

Bet it made the thing in question sell faster, though – all a ploy by Kryton and Tom – the ultimate in stealth ads? 😉

scotroutes

Kryton57 works on commission though. Can we be sure Tom wasn’t getting him to post a stealth ad?

Jamie
    Free Member

Can one separate the act from the person perpetrating it, tho?

Wookster

Eh next year can I participate in your company Christmas raffle???

RobHilton
    Free Member

Can one separate the act from the person perpetrating it, tho?

Hate the game not the player!!

I sure can’t – f’rinstance I can only see the OP as a bit of a goose.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Clearly my thoughts on the subject are slightly adrift diametrically opposed of the norm and perhaps in that respect I am wrong.

FTFY

Rorschach
    Free Member

The watermelon died 🙁
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIJzhYsbPNI[/video]

I hate a pile on,

I am calling BS.

flange
    Free Member

Kryton57 works on commission though. Can we be sure Tom wasn’t getting him to post a stealth ad?

Wait what?? Damn it…

funkmasterp

whilst on the sick for my gammy toe

That’s God punishing you for having the bare faced cheek to win something in a raffle that you didn’t every know you were taking part in.

Thou shalt not win things in unknown raffles

slimjim78
    Free Member

that gif of the woman getting smashed on the face by a watermelon. bloody hell, that could have killed her!

Its so wrong to laugh at it, but I can’t stop watching it!

She cantaloupted herself in the face.

Right in the smacker! OOSHH!

nickc

My intention was not to slag of Tom

uh-huh..

at the very least, closure on the watermelon incident, which is nice

metalheart
    Free Member

I will not be coerced into a charitable donation on the basis I contribute already yet choose not to make my contribution to charity

Ah, a hypocrite.

Tom, post a link to the hospice (or pm me) I’ll chuck in £20 as well.

Kryton57

Your the second to imply I’m a liar Nickc.

If accusation was the implied issue, what your doing is very hypocritical.

How so metalheart? I should make an donation becuase of bunch of keyboard warriors demand it? Shall i go and hang myself in the garden also because that’d make you all feel better or you tell me too? Well, **** you. You love to point your fingers at half truths and exploit the parts of peoples personalities that you think you know or you only know part of. Moreso, theres a lot of people on here that like to bully and coerce where the find the opportunity.

Ive made my apology to Tom, and explained my diveristy of my thought process, mines different, so **** what?you want to enter an internet slagging match piss off and leave me out of it. Ive no need to justify my existence to any of you unless i chose to.

nickc

think of my comment as more like a question for your conscious, rather than an accusation of your motive.

Kryton57

Actual post:

I will not be coerced into a charitable donation on the basis I contribute already yet choose not to make my contribution to charity – financial or otherwise – public

Not what i said metalheart, you owe me an apology for editing my post and attempting to show me in a bad light. . [/quote]

sirromj

There’s been some moral outrage on the local buy/sell/swap group on fb, after several people exploiting people’s sense of charity and going on to sell items that had been donated to help them.

khani
    Free Member

In my mind gross profiteering is tossers like Uber and Amazon making £££££’s of profit while pretending that their full time employees are self employed so they don’t have to pay holiday or sick pay,
    This is just someone flogging something they don’t want,

thegreatape
    Free Member

Your the second to imply I’m a liar Nickc.

He’s not calling you a liar, he’s just saying that what you said was a lie.

Kryton57

And therefore Im a liar by definition on this occasion.

Why defend him? He doesnt know, he doesnt know me either, and apparantly my word on that matter isnt good enough for at least him or bigyinn.

You’ll all carry on your character assasination now that you’ve found todays victim and its me yet again. No point fighting the tide is there.

jam-bo

There’s been some moral outrage on the local buy/sell/swap group on fb, after several people exploiting people’s sense of charity and going on to sell items that had been donated to help them.

A bit different and actually a bit shitty

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Gross Profiteering’ is closed to new replies.