Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Grizedale out so where else?
  • Dekerf
    Free Member

Ok after asking earlier about cycling in grizedale tomorrow with a 7 and 10 year old and the view being its a little tough, where else to ride in the south lakes that’s suitable?

Done quite a bit in the Peak District last year which the kids loved, so looking for something here…. Got bikes and car so can travel….

Looking for 10 -15 miles of nice trials or very quite roads/un-cared roads

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Grizedale is perfect. I used to cycle round there when I was five or six.

mcnultycop

I responded in your other thread…

martinhutch

I wouldn’t rule out Grizedale, TBH. A big loop might be too much, but you’re not going to get 10 miles plus without a bit of climbing many places in the Lakes.

As I suggested, park at Moor Top, stay high for as long as poss – east side of the forest is good for keeping height, then drop down towards the visitor centre, perhaps via the Bogle Crag car park. It’s about a 15 minute easyish climb on the road for you to nip and get the car after you’ve had refreshments.

samcamsdad

Rode in grizedale at the weekend with my kids, aged 6, 8 and 11. Mostly fire road, but options to do some sections of the north face and parkamoor. Not much climbing, had to boost our youngest up a few climbs, but nothing to bad.

https://www.strava.com/activities/666459068/shareable_images/map_based?hl=en-GB&v=1470491422

mick_r

Grizedale is great-my eldest did Parkamoor age 4.5 on 20″Islabike 🙂 . Or Park in Coniston (honesty box at school on road to Lake/bluebird cafe) then bridleway alongside main Ambleside Road and on into Tilberthwaite / Hodge Close etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Grizedale out so where else?’ is closed to new replies.