Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Grizedale or whinlatter – advice for the terminally indicisive!
  • tomj
    Free Member

Before someone says neither I am currently without a bike since the theiving scrotes broke into my garage. So whilst I have a day in the Lakes next week I need to hire a bike. Both Grizedale and Whinlatter have some decent demo bikes for me to try.
    Which would the panel recommend for a half day ride? The blue and red trails at Whinlatter or a mix or TNF and natural stuff at Grizedale?

I just can’t decide and as its half term need to book the bike in advance, so can’t just decide on the day!

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    If it was just the man made stuff I would say Whinlatter but if you know the natural stuff at Grizedale and can put a loop together then it wins hands down for me.
    Cheers
    Steve

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Never ridden Whinlatter but I love the riding around Grizedale/Satterthwaite/Claife etc. The ability to mix the good bits of the NFT and the brilliant natural stuff as well as plenty of scope for food/beer stops is too hard to resist!

postierich
    Free Member

Grizedale!

honeybadgerx

As above, Grizedale for natural, Whinlatter for man made. Depends on whether you’re coming from in terms of what is easiest to get to as well I guess. Could also hire from Keswick mtb and do something around borrowdale?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Grizedale or whinlatter – advice for the terminally indicisive!’ is closed to new replies.