Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Grizedale condition?
  • philbert31
    Free Member

Was thinking of going to Gisburn tomorrow but thought I might have a go at Grizedale instead, does anyone know the condition up there and is anyone else heading there tomorrow?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Wet

Cammer
    Free Member

Very wet, large sections of the north face are closed, and the forecast is poor for tomorrow so it should be lovely.

Still, it’ll be better then watching crap Christmas TV all day

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cammer
    Free Member

I should say that the north face is partially closed as they continue in their quest to remove all traces of what little flow existed from the trail.

Thankfully plenty of bridleways still untouched, and riding well

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Cammer – Member
    I should say that the north face is partially closed as they continue in their quest to remove all traces of what little flow existed from the trail.

Thankfully plenty of bridleways still untouched

Ha,

What’re they doing? I havent ridden it for over a year.

Cammer
    Free Member

Removing most board walks, and replacing with horrible large boulders.

Sure any maintenance money could be spent better elsewhere, such as basic drainage etc.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Bizarre. I thought the boardwalks were fine after they covered them in grip tape.

It seems silly to spend waste money on it. It’ll never be a decent trail the way it is. I think anyone that goes mountain biking to grizedale just does all the bridleways anyway.

rebel12
    Free Member

Did most of the Grizedale bridleways a couple of weeks back. Soaking wet and except for parts of Lawsons Park, the descents were all like streams. All perfectly rideable though and the plus side was that the bike ended up fairly clean due to all the water. Probably similar now I guess.

Real shame they are removing the boardwalks from the North Face trail – they were the best bits in my opinion 🙁

tomaso
    Free Member

It was wet in the Lakes today & it won’t dry out tomorrow! Grizedale is better than Gisburn & far better when its wet.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I thought it was just logging work 🙁

That said I have got the measure of the boulders now and rather enjoy the sections there are… though the last bit of the first run could use e tending since it drops you into a bog at the end!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Grizedale condition?’ is closed to new replies.