Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Grizedale at new year
  • spawnofyorkshire

hey folks,

I’m off up camping in the lakes over new years eve and was thinking about taking the bike up and doing grizedale whilst i’m there.
    How well do the trails hold up there? I’ve not ridden it before but i’ve heard it’s pretty good most of the year round

philfive
    Free Member

grizedale forest holds up well but it is covered in ice or snow most of the winter. brave man camping in the lakes over xmas 😀

spawnofyorkshire

i’ve camped in minus 10 before so know what i’m letting myself in for, having said that my buddies were up there and it was minus 18 a couple of years back!

I fancy a bit of icy ridding, but have a feeling it might spark a what tires for thread….

mick_r

Love Grizedale and ridden there for +23 years. Plenty of good rocky all weather riding (bridleways are far better than NFT but first sections are useful for climbing away from visitor centre).

I’ll not be joining you – two of us from this forum managed to break ourselves in different bits of the forest on the rather icy new year’s day 2011….. He smashed a hip and I dislocated a shoulder. Not the best way to make a new friend 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Grizedale at new year’ is closed to new replies.