Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Grizedale-accomodation
  • shanta
    Free Member

Hoping to ride Grizedale & Whinlatter over August bank holiday. Can anyone recommend a nice Hotel/B&B near to Grizedale?

Dyffers
    Free Member

Stayed at the Lakeside Hotel with work last week. About 8 miles south of Grizedale visitor centre. Nice place but glad work was picking up the tab 😀

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Whinlatter is fun but Gruzedale really is some of the worst riding in the lakes. Much better natural trails in that area.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cuckoo Brow in Sawrey. Means you can ride Claife Heights on your way through Hawkshead up to Grizedale and Breasty Haw/Devils Gallop on the way back.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Whinlatter is fun but Gruzedale really is some of the worst riding in the lakes. Much better natural trails in that area.

Have to agree there. Grizedale is pretty uninspiring. Just loose and a bit bumpy. But I had a brilliant ride with the BikeTreks gang from Ambleside one evening. Fantastic natural trails and the views!!! Bit under-biked on my hardtail so would recommend a FS.

badllama
    Free Member

Totally disagree the Northface if you have not done it before is good fun one big climb the rest is down hill high speed fun with a few fireroad climbs thrown in. There are lots of cracking bridleways there of course as well.

I really don’t know why people slag it so much Winlatter is good but I must admit the first time I did it after reading all the fan boy posts I got half way round the Nothern Red loop and wondered if I’d been riding the right place, was not that impressed TBH! It got better after that though 🙂

Horses for courses I suppose ride them both and make your own mind up OP Oh and were are doing Northface again tomorrow just for the hell of it 😀

shanta
    Free Member

Cheers for replies so far..any more acommodation suggestions ?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Stayed in Queens Head in Hawkshead – ok if you can get a new/renovated room. Older room we had on second night in main building was very tired. Busy pub, restaurant (separate from pub for residents) pretty good. I put a review on trip advisor/booking.com I think

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Grizedale-accomodation’ is closed to new replies.