Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Grizedale
  • oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

Off upto Grizedale tomorrow for the second time… never done the trail centre, last time we went it was with someone with a GPS route planned…

Is the trail centre worth doing? the black looked good, but apparently that is shut… can you still get in there or is it shut because its un-rideable?

Looking for the best downhill bits really?

Just need to decide wether to take the big (coil fork/shock el guapo) or little bike (carbon 456 150mm forks) now…. new bike syndrome might see the hardtail come out! 🙂

vermillion
    Free Member

The back run is short,,not worth making a journey for,,
    Northface is dissapointing.
    The best stuff in and around Grizedale is off piste,,there are some great descents if you know where they are,,(not on the trail centre map)
    N.B. I was there a couple of weeks ago and a couple of the popular rocky downs have been turned into mud by logging plant 🙁

endurogangster
    Free Member

Hardtail would be fine, I rode it on a cotic simple with pikes, trails are ok, felt a bit backwards to me, singletrack climbs and fire roads descents!!! But there are some good bits and the final descent back to the trail centre is good, pretty short too.

lufctom
    Free Member

Too much fire road for me personally round the trails at Grizedale – some far better local ‘off piste’ stuff to be explored if you can. Cant imagine the its in great nick up there at the moment however.

tomaso
    Free Member

There are a few trees down and some logging but heading that way tomorrow. There is plenty of good riding to be had and while the north face is fun its well worth having an explore.
    Head up the Silurian Way to the Fox and hit a great downhill towards Hawkshead. There are dozens of cheeky rabbit tracks and trails that entertain.

chakaping
    Free Member

Take some waterproof shorts if you have them and you’re gonna ride the off-piste.

There’ll be a hilarious amount of water flowing down the trails.

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

I was riding down rivers last weekend so I’ml used to that!!

masterwatson2000
    Free Member

Grizedale bridleways are the way to go. Get an OS map out and pick out the bridleways. Link up with fire roads.

A neat loop of around 20km from the trail head would be to climb up to park plantation, down to Lawson’s park, back up the fire road along and down to low parkamoor up and across towards satterthwaite, then back along the road. Longer loops could incorporate breasty haw over and down and then the fox (same direction BW, but north of breasty haw BW).

Have fun, and enjoy the rivers!

tomaso
    Free Member

It was relatively dry and sunny at Grizedale today. Not too many puddles and dryish rocks. The few soft boggey bits were pretty mushy.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I think the first red NFT climb is a good way of starting your day, after that get onto the mahoosive network of Bridleways as soon as you can,theres some amazing descents and the fox is one of the best.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Grizedale’ is closed to new replies.