Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Gritting lorries being attacked.
  • Cougar

It’s a sad day indeed when youths are roaming the streets, randomly sticking their fists in other people’s council gritters.

Hohum
    Free Member

I saw that this morning on the local news.

What a dreadful carry on!

I have heard that Wishaw is a bit on the rough-side and this just reinforces the Wishy stereotype 🙁

footflaps

WTF?

organic355
    Free Member

is it a scottish thing?

You dont get lowlife chavs out of their nut on drink and drugs doing stupid things in Englandshire then?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Apparently it’s because the gravel has run out and the Scots are starving.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

It’s to stop the Dale Farm travellers getting onto the estate 😉

v8ninety

I’ve had a rock thrown at my ambulance whilst driving through Wolverhampton a few years ago, so not just a Scottish thing. Missed the driver’s window by six inches. 😯

mchlptchr
    Free Member

Maybe its angry motorists fed up of their cars being prematurely corroded by excessive road salt?

DezB
    Free Member

In the worst incident, the windscreen of a gritter was smashed when a man punched through it.

That was the worst incident?? Or the only incident?! It’s the only one mentioned!

Brycey
    Free Member

I think this post takes the award for least newsworthy event turned in to most-hand-ringing thread.

A non-event all round.

hora
    Free Member

Balanced reporting?

khani
    Free Member

When I was a gritter/plough driver getting a brick lobbed at you was a regular occasion, there was always one or two vehicles off the road waiting for glass replacement, this was in Tameside, Mossley and hattersly were the worst for it
    I used to hate doing big estates in the early hours,

Brycey
    Free Member

You’re on the wrong thread Hora; it’s the Dale Farm thread that you were moaning about the reporting.

bruneep

happens regularly to us in the fire appliances

Clong
    Free Member

I love how the report says that a man punched through a windscreen in one sentance, then in the very next sentance says he punched the windscreen and cracked it.

DezB
    Free Member

bruneep – Member

I’ve heard that – Baffling, totally baffling.

Sancho
    Free Member

pissed, bored, stupid, – enough reasons?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

pissed, bored, stupid, – enough reasons?

Always made me chuckle that “Scottish is…….” song. I’m sure if an english person had written it it could have been much better.

Scottish is pissed
    Scottish is bored
    Scottish is stupid
    Scottish is dosed upto it’s eyeballs on ketamine and heroin
    Scottish is babycham, special brew and irnbru.
    Scottish is believing that the national team can win it this year, then going out to a country that Scottish would struggle to point to on a map
    etc etc

GrahamS

Isn’t that a sectarian thing? Fire crews “in service to the crown” entering “republican” areas?

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>Is it a Scottish thing<

What – thuggery and mindless violence? Riots anyone? Choose your poison…

As Bruneep says they’ve been having a go at Fire Crews for years.

seosamh77
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    Isn’t that a sectarian thing? Fire crews “in service to the crown” entering “republican” areas?

:mrgreen: I’m hoping that’s not serious. I’d suggest it’s more of a Bampot thing than a Scottish or sectarian thing!

DezB
    Free Member

Oh yeah all clear now 😕

GrahamS

I’m hoping that’s not serious.

Sadly it is an “explanation” I’ve heard several times:
    e.g. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4436589.stm

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I’d equip them with a big eff off water cannon like the airport fire service tenders have and as soon as the buck fast fuelled fuktards launch their offensive I’d sand blast the bastards with the 10 ton supply of grit in the hopper behind the driver, job done and maximum job satisfaction for the driver. Who knows, may even de-ice the roads too

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’m hoping that’s not serious.
    Sadly it is an “explanation” I’ve heard several times:
    e.g. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4436589.stm

Piss poor explanation if you ask me.

bedmaker

Sad day when these guys get assalted. Hope they grit their teeth and carry on the good work.

jamest
    Free Member

Slurry cannon

GrahamS

Piss poor explanation if you ask me.

Aye. Didn’t say it was a good reason, but it seems to be one that some of these nasty little scrotes use.

samuri
    Free Member

My biggest issue with this is that there’s a place called ‘Lanarkshire’ which sounds a lot like Lancashire so it confuses me.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Sad day when these guys get assalted. Hope they grit their teeth and carry on the good work.

Hooray!!

Brycey
    Free Member

There snow point complaining.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

They haven’t built on a green field, they’ve built on a scrap yard. Non-travellers were given permission to build on a green field. One system treating two different groups differently = not the same rights.

send in a bunch of squadies, beat kids brains out! problem solved!

Brycey
    Free Member

Are you and Hora just using the same reply for both threads now?

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Gritting lorries being attacked.’ is closed to new replies.