Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Grips Thread
  • continuity
    Free Member

GRIPS

My ESI Chunky grips are falling apart. I guess the branches and tree edges that I occasionally clip have opened slits in the grips at the edges and now they’re coming apart. Also, in the wet they are lethal without gloves. Though they are pretty good for dealing with arm pump, at least these chunky ones give a little “dislocated” feeling to the steering. A bit like I’m riding with boxing gloves on. Also, in wet conditions water can get underneath the grip between it and the handlebar, along with grit. Now they can move if I don’t grasp the handlebar pretty firmly (yes, I applied them properly).

I’m open to suggestions. These looked good:

WTB Tech-Trail

Any other thoughts?

FWIW, I will be using them to ride red/black runs at trail centres, I have medium to large hands (for a bloke), and I wear gloves.

vorlich
    Free Member

Superstar?

Cheap/Customisable

CheesybeanZ

ODI Rogue , great grips chunky with plenty of grip .

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    patriotpro
    Free Member

Specialized SIP

unklehomered
    Free Member

I have not looked elsewhere since getting my first pair of superstar Excels, comfy, bit spongy, but nicely controlling.

Northwind

ODI Rogue if you want chunky. They do wear quite fast, though

Crag
    Free Member

I’ve started using Lizard Skins Chargers. Very impressed so far.

MRanger156
    Free Member

ODI ruffians – last miles longer than the superstar ones.

momo

Renthal kevlar, mine are lasting well, super comfy and great for steering feedback. Just be sure to glue them on and you’ll have no problems.

d45yth
    Free Member

ODI Xtremes, I have them on/put them on any bike I ride. Don’t seem as hard as other ODI’s.
    I’d like to try some Oury lock-ons too, don’t know if you can get them in the UK though?

emanuel
    Free Member

sunline mushroom grips.cheapest and bestest grips I’ve tried.never going back to lockons.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Grips Thread’ is closed to new replies.