Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Grippy MTB spd shoes
  • breninbeener

Can anyone recommend a pr of SPD mountain bike shoes that a reasonably stiff but have a grippy rubber type sole? My current pr are heavily cleated but the material is v hard and has no grip on damp rock where i sometimes wish to unclip and put a foot down.

nickc

I’m using 5:10 Maltese Falcon (stupid name). The newer one with velcro straps, v grippy, to the point of it being an issue sometimes, I’m used to sliding my foot over the spd to locate the cleat, but these don’t slide! have to be accurate the first time.

Bit Storm trooper-ish, but warm and reasonably waterproof.

shredder
    Free Member

Spesh Rime
    Giro Terraduro
    Spesh 2FO
    Shimano SH-M200, SH-M163, SH-M089
    Mavic Crossmax

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BadlyWiredDog

Mavic sole units are brilliant. Really aggressive lugs and use the Contragrip rubber Salomon developed for its running and hiking shoes.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

+1 for Mavic, I’ve bought their Rush shoe for an alpine endurance race where I’m going to be doing a fair amount of clambering over rocks with the bike on my back.

br
    Free Member

Mavic sole units are brilliant. Really aggressive lugs and use the Contragrip rubber Salomon developed for its running and hiking shoes.

+1 the old Switchback was brilliant (now knackered), hopefully the Spesh Rimes I’ve just bought (cheap 🙂 )will be as good

jonnyrockymountain

Spesh rimes

kimbers

Mavics have the best I’ve tried, switchback and alpine user here

felltop

Having worn out various Shimano offerings, I’m now a Mavic convert, and use a pair of Alpine XL’s. They even stick to wet rock, although I’ve had a few comedy moments boulder hopping across rivers when I’ve landed cleat first on a rock…….

Shackleton

Mavic alpine xl. Well made and durable too. Will definitely get another pair if these ones ever die.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Another for Spesh Rimes!

breninbeener

Thanks all, im going to try them!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Grippy MTB spd shoes’ is closed to new replies.