• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by P-Jay.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Grip recommendations? Need something with cushioning!
  • officerfriendly
    Free Member

Dear STW

Unfortunately my favourite grips, the superstar excel (which are super soft and grippy, and have a lot of cushioning) are no longer being stocked, with only pink and purple remaining! Has anyone got any recommendations for some thick grips with cushioning? I saw the ESI grips, my only worry is that they’re not lock on. Would really appreciate some “expert” input, thanks! (:

nedrapier

ESI aren’t lock on, but they don’t move. Even riding in heavy rain for hours they don’t budge.

Worth a try. I’ve got them on all the non-drop bikes now.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Oury.

Leku
    Free Member

ESI +1

In fact really quite a pain to remove them once they are on. Mine have never budged once fitted. Excellent grips. Very comfy, good grip and light.

spawnofyorkshire

I’m quite liking my thick Deathgrips at the moment. I like a flange and the bit where your thumb goes is nice and soft
    Have previously run Oury’s but they weren’t the lockon versions. Used to use hairspray to get them on and off, bit of a faff but worked.
    My bro-in-law swears by ESI’s, i’ve tried them when borrowing his bike and liked them.

daviek

I use ESI grips and you get different sizes to fit your hands. As mentioned above they are a pain to get off so can’t see them coming off in use although they are easy to fit with some wondowlene.

hooli

+1 for ESI, they don’t move at all. My only issue is that they get ripped to shreds by trailing brambles.

wwaswas

Ergon do some decent fat grips.

nedrapier

+1 for ESI, they don’t move at all. My only issue is that they get ripped to shreds by trailing brambles.

There is that, yes. Just put your knuckles in the way!

PJay
    Free Member

This comes up quite regularly and there are quite a few favourites around, but mine would be Lizard Skins Northshores.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

ODI rogue.

kayak23

Deathgrips are right good.

honourablegeorge

Really like my deathgrips – if they have a disadvantage, it’s the soft end cap, easy to damage it in a spill and doesnb’t protect the bars much, equally, there’s no umcomfortable clamp on the end of the bar which is nice.

hooli

There is that, yes. Just put your knuckles in the way!

I nearly typed that myself above 😆

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendations everyone! Had a look at them all, and think I’m gonna go with the Ourys or Odi Rogues. My hands sweat a ton during summer riding, and I hate wearing gloves so need something that has spacing in between if that makes sense. The Rogues look perfect, just hope they’re wide enough!

spawnofyorkshire

Really like my deathgrips – if they have a disadvantage, it’s the soft end cap

Yeah i damaged mine in a spill, but it did protect my carbon bars and whilst looking a little rough didn’t rip off

coomber
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge – Member

ODI rogue.
    +1

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m quite liking my thick Deathgrips at the moment. I like a flange and the bit where your thumb goes is nice and soft

Me too, I think they come in 2 thicknesses and 2 compounds, but I might be wrong – they’re very short which really suits me and the soft bit by your thumb really works without making them feel a bit vague.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Grip recommendations? Need something with cushioning!’ is closed to new replies.