Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Grimsby: As bad as the Reviews; or as Good as the Trailer?
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

The various reviews I happened across suggested the new SBC was unredeemably awful; but the trailer I saw last week had me and the missus in stitches.

Anyone seen it, is it any good?

beej

I thought the trailer was unredeemably awful, so maybe you’ll enjoy the film.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I thought the trailer made the film look dated and woefully unfunny.

…but if you liked the trailer then you might as well go check it out. Different strokes and all that.

Drac

It has sacha baron cohen in it so it’ll be awful.

footflaps

The only film of his I’ve seen is The Dictator, which I thought was really funny, so I’d give this one a try.

paul4stones

My boss told me about one of the grosser moments in it and it sounded hilarious. Probably depends whether you find his stuff funny or not. If you enjoyed Borat then you’ll love this is the impression I got.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

It has sacha baron cohen in it so it’ll be awful.

That’s a narrow minded attitude to have. Dismissing an entire swathe of movies because of your dislike for an actor. Everyone has at least one decent film in them, or even pull a McConaughey andcompletely turn around their career.

binners

The Guardian (somewhat predictably) got all sniffy and said it was patronising towards the working classes, not funny, etc, etc

In my experience there is no higher recomendation to go and see a film than a really bad review in the Guardian. It’ll probably be brilliant. Or alternatively go and see their recommended Film of the Week. A 6hr long Icelandic film, in black and white, with subtitles, about the harsh plight of an Iranian Goat Farmer, one of who’s flock is used as a powerful metaphor for the divisions in modern Islam

angeldust
    Free Member

Sounds great. Can I see it in a cinema where people are not allowed to eat popcorn?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Sssshhandwitches?

mefty
    Free Member

The Telegraph gave it a good review because they think it satirises the people who think that people like the main character exists.

Cletus

I thought Borat was hilarious but some of his other stuff left me indifferent. I have a Cineworld card so will probably go and see this.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Grimsby: As bad as the Reviews; or as Good as the Trailer?’ is closed to new replies.