Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • grim reality
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

A decomposed body was found fairly locally to me last week, read about it online whilst I was on holiday.
    Back at work this week to hear the awful news that it is confirmed as the body of the missing adult son of a colleague.
    We’ve all seen this on TV, the grief etched onto the faces of the family at press conferences etc, we’ve all felt a pang of sympathy then got on with eating our cornflakes – its not really ‘real’ is it? Its on TV..

To see it for real on your colleagues face is heartwrenching,there’s no real point to this post I suppose ,just needed to vent.

Solo
    Free Member

It aint easy. When I suffered loss, people whom I had considered close friends, vanished. Yet a colleague at work, someone I didn’t know that well. Had the compassion to put his hand on my shoulder, look me in the eye and tell me that he was sorry for my loss. It didn’t effect the grief. But I appreciated and respected the gesture.

johndoh
    Free Member

TBF Solo, some people don’t know *what* to say, some people are respecting privacy by not saying anything.

Solo
    Free Member

TBF Solo, some people don’t know *what* to say, some people are respecting privacy by not saying anything.

Yeap, no complaints here, just illustrating the variation in people’s reactions.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s bloody sad no doubt about it.

Trouble is really, what do you say?

It must have been heart wrenching finding them like that. 🙁

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Fortunately, my colleague wasn’t the one to find the remains. A chap walking his dog found a leg & then police search teams found the rest nearby. My colleague and family have been searching around the area since July, so glad they didn’t find him.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘grim reality’ is closed to new replies.