Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Greno Woods
  • Pook

The bottom end. Brilliant. Well done chaps.

nosedive
    Free Member

are you referring to some new building ? i’ve not been up there for a couple of months…..

pussywillow
    Free Member

Yeah theres some new xc tracks they put in, quite good and fast but peddle-eeee

markcurtains
    Free Member

Will be visiting this bad boy very soon

ridesheffield
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed it, still a bit of work to be done in there, last trail to be finished, conecting bridleway to be made, bit of tweaking and signs to go up, but hoping it will be early in the new year!
    Pedally! – Its all about the pump! 🙂

richteabiscuit
    Free Member

Want to go and explore but with my shifts it’s gonna be midweek hence I’ll be a billy no mates.. is it easy enough to find my way round or will I die?

deanfbm
    Free Member

Its all about the pump!

My thoughts exactly.

nosedive
    Free Member

sounds good, I plan to check this out next week. good work

bikeind
    Free Member

This is without doubt a suitably fine effort to all those involved a credit to the biking community,

It makes for a great slice of quality Downhill trails,and without doubt more yet to come i hope from the merry men of sheffield…..

pussywillow
    Free Member

ridesheffield – Member
    Glad you enjoyed it, still a bit of work to be done in there, last trail to be finished, conecting bridleway to be made, bit of tweaking and signs to go up, but hoping it will be early in the new year!
    Pedally! – Its all about the pump!
    POSTED 5 HOURS AGO #

Hmmm.. U dont need to tell me about the pump! I do a lot of bmx.
    Tbh… There is a bit, and I do like it for a quick xc blast, but I much prefer steep tech.

pussywillow
    Free Member

bikeind – Member
    This is without doubt a suitably fine effort to all those involved a credit to the biking community,
    It makes for a great slice of quality Downhill trails,and without doubt more yet to come i hope from the merry men of sheffield…..
    POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Greno woods….DH??? 😆

It’s people like u who’s giving the youngsters today the wrong idea of DH!!! Is it any wonder I keep seeing young lads all armoured up with full face, neck brace, full body suit!! Riding them kinda tracks in greno that I did 20 year ago on a **** Saracen hardtrack!!

bikeind
    Free Member

Hmmm PussyW are you aware that it is where they hold the Steel City downill event ,so i think you have your facts wrong on that count!

deanfbm
    Free Member

^O dear

thepodge
    Free Member

SCDH is a family / all inclusive track, it’s not supposed to be particularly steep or tech

There were a few on here that suggested parts of it weren’t even down hill enough to be able to free wheel

bikeind
    Free Member

deanfbm ??

you do have to pedal but if you keep with the flow and pump,less pedaling is required

higgo
    Free Member

I only went to Greno woods once.

I rode about 100yds and my (hateful I-beam) saddle snapped. For some reason this prompted me to grab a load of front brake and go OTB. My mates came back and found me dazed and staggering around. Once I’d regained myself, I went back to the car while they carried on with the ride. They tell me there’s good riding in there.

Must go back one day.

nosedive
    Free Member

you should definitely go back higgo. it is really good.

just ignore the debate over what label should be applied to the tracks and enjoy riding them

nosedive
    Free Member

just got back from Greno, the new bottom section of the steel city track is excellent. Well done to everyone involved in the build.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Greno Woods’ is closed to new replies.