Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Greensands Bike Park – Bedfordshires newest bike park
  • crotchrocket
    Free Member

opened today in a blaze of hot sunshine.

4x, Dual track and a pumptrack with more earthworks on the way & possibly 'shore too.
    Come & try it – you can help the development too.

£1 for a days riding, no parking fees and refreshments on sale at the top of the hill – sweet 😉

Lacation: http://tinyurl.com/2ugb8pw

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Edit: it's £3 per day from here on in – the other thing was an "opening day" thing.

grahamt1980

Where the **** is that, looks like an open field according to the map you have got

_tom_
    Free Member

What's it like compared to Chicksands? Sounds quite similar. Not too far away from me so may be worth a visit – open on Wednesday by any chance?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

it was a quarry until Christmas, built since then & opened on Saturday.

Compared to chicky: it's newer and not run by pricks
    pump track needs some refining but the 4x, Dual & jump track are pretty much there.

These were taken a few weeks ago:
    4x

4x

Dual

apparently cost is £3 per day or £10 for a weeks pass

Jamie
    Free Member

Compared to chicky: it's newer and not run by pricks

Classy.

_tom_
    Free Member

Is the £3 including parking? Oh and do you have a postcode for the location? 🙂

juiced
    Free Member

looks good

_tom_
    Free Member

btw crotchrocket are you involved at all or know anyone who is? Could do with a website really, can't find any information about it on tinternet apart from this thread. Conveniently I could offer such a service at a lower price than the majority of the competition (unless there's already something under way in which case ignore me) 😉

ampthill

Its nice to see options. But I'd be driving past Chicksands to get there. Perhaps give ot a go sometime

Is it only open weekends?

lyons
    Free Member

Yeah, there needs to be a website with opening times etc. You say there are dirt jumps, are there any pictures? What size? Smooth enough to ride on a bmx?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

@_Tom_: there is a facebook page – you can reach the owners there. & no I'm not linked to them. The guy did tell me they have a URL but no host & haven't built a page yet.

@Jamie: Thanks for noticing, most people take a little longer than you 😉

@Lyons: No idea. I am to DJumping what the apartheid regime was to race relations. apparently I'm more jaymincefreecorelight.

AFAIK it's open every w/e and evenings.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Greensands Bike Park – Bedfordshires newest bike park’ is closed to new replies.