Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Green Tea – I'm now too middle class for niche coffee.
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Anyone else drink this stuff? It doesn’t taste great but it allows me to feel superior in a bohem’ sheek sort of way.

What I want to know though is… does it make my pee green? Or am I crazily dehydrated?

Jamie
    Free Member

Personally, I am a peppermint and rooibos tea aficionado.

binners

Have a glass of wine.

cranberry
    Free Member

Green tea is only properly middle class if you get your tea from an artisan leaf snipper.

Torminalis
    Free Member

If you are not drinking the skimmings of a Kombucha culture then you might as well give up and start drinking Nescafe. Plebs.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Give me a chance Jamie… I’ve only been at it for a week.

Torm – I assume you still drink that in an Illy cup though?

camo16
    Free Member

It doesn’t taste great

You’re not proper Middle Class until you actually like it, you know. 🙄

Me, I’m a devotee of Twining’s Rose Garden… which, I hope, makes me Upper Middle Class in a slightly effeminate way.

rocketman
    Free Member

Lurvely stuff I drink gallons of it every day.

clubber
    Free Member

green tea is nice with a splash of milk and a bit of sugar.

And it upsets the purists 🙂

Torminalis
    Free Member

Each cup is drunk from a mug crafted from fresh Guava leaves which get composted in my Foetida worm farm after use.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Lapsang, Chai, Mint (Moroccan’s good, but not spearmint thanks) Rose (on occasion) Rooibos, Moroccan Spice (Liptons do a good variety, no, no not the powdered stuff) Lemon (but Liptons do do a good lemon, chill it and sweeten it then throw some Ice in it)

You have to look hard, but provided you stear clear of the fruit based teas, you’ll be fine and dandy in a “Yah” kinda way soon enough. All you need to do now is catch up with the rest of us..

Pathetic attempt at one up man ship..

Could Try Harder.

finbar
    Free Member

I’ve got some amazing green tea at the moment which my old boss in Japan sent me. It tastes and smells like freshly-mown grass.

LeeW

Tregothnan Green tea here.

wildheart
    Free Member

Love it.In a pint mug and leave the bag in.Seem to fart less too which can only be a good thing…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Does it make your pee grean though?

peachos
    Free Member

jasmine and chrysanthemum makes you fast on a bike!

theteaboy
    Free Member

I like Sunflower brand jasmine tea. Or gunpowder. Whittards do a nice cherry blossom tea too.

A friend in Singapore drinks Green Tea with XO cognac on a night out.

He says it tastes like bubblegum. Unbelievable waste of both tea and cognac!

binners

Oh dear God! This thread could cause a potentially massive vacuum as everyone involved collectively disappears up their own arse! The interweb itself could implode!!

For Gods sake!!!! Will somebody think of the children?!!!

yunki
    Free Member

I’m currently drinking about 10- 15 mugs of strong sweet builders tea per day.. so I was thinking of trying to switch to green tea for it’s supposed health giving properties..

is it worth it..?

will I get the complexion of a supermodel and the vitality of youth..?

camo16
    Free Member

Does it make your pee green though?

[sounds of a thousand sheets and mattresses being removed off bed]

No.

[sounds of a thousand sheets and mattresses being put back on bed]

Thanks TSY. Now I’m knackered.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

will I get the complexion of a supermodel and the vitality of youth..?

I’ve been ID’d since starting to drink it.

I can also take thousands of sheets plus mattresses on and off a bed without getting knackered.

chriswilk
    Free Member

genuine stuff from Taiwan here, nice for an afternoon tipple. Leaves me feeling better than ANOTHER coffee.

gsp1984
    Free Member

Your not middle class until you own a tea factory in Ceylon, Sri Lanka and drink it fresh from the field… We make 11 different types.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

What’s wrong with Earl Grey?

Tesco had a Twinings Earl Grey BOGOF last week so I bought 800 tea bags.

dh
    Free Member

I am disappointed in your MR yeti, I would of thought you would skipped green tea for something more slightly high brow

poopoo

peachos
    Free Member

you need to get onto chinese flowering tea mate:

gsp1984
    Free Member

You can’t beat yorkshire tea in the uk, it’s the only tea where my girlfriend doesn’t need two tea bags to make it strong enough.

webwonkmtber
    Free Member

Good quality (i.e. not Twinnings) Jasmine green tea simply cannot be beaten.

You are only middle class when you have an account here: http://www.steepster.com

Junkyard
    Free Member

I struggle with long sentences
    I have genuinely perfomed experiments on people using green tea
    I can drink it but it i snot that nice tbh

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Green Tea – I'm now too middle class for niche coffee.’ is closed to new replies.