Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Green laning and Land-Rover hire?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Need to come up with a Christmas present for my Dad.

Is there anywhere that hire’s Landrovers (even better, old series ones) for gentle green laning? Or does organised trips? No winching, bogs, rock steps, or anything like that, just a days bumbling round the lanes (the land rover equivalent of gravel biking).

I found a few ‘experience’ days where you can either get your wits scared out of you by a rally driver, or drive it over some man made obstacles, but that’s not going to appeal to him!

meeeee
    Free Member

try Kankku in the Lakes (windermere). They do a self drive safari landrover type thing where you get the vehicle and just head off on your own

http://www.kankku.co.uk/safari.html

hammyuk
    Free Member

IIRC Land Rover do their own on the test track they have in all sorts of their vehicles.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Kankku – the bane of life in the lakes. Especially if you’re a cyclist/mountain biker/walker

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

the bane of life in the lakes. Especially if you’re a cyclist/mountain biker/walker

Wondered how long it would take.

Mountain bikers the bane of life in the lakes. Especially if you’re a horse rider, walker, etc

horsesthe bane of life in the lakes. Especially if you’re a mountain biker, walker, etc

walkersthe bane of life in the lakes. Especially if you’re a mountain biker, etc

Aliensthe bane of life in the lakes. Especially if you’re sensitive to probing, etc.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

😀

Yeh, but I mean at least you can get past all the others.

They certainly knacker a good run down Parkamoor IME

meeeee
    Free Member

i ride in the lakes all the time, never had a problem with Kankku. Seen them a few times on the parkamoor dexcent but they’ve always been friendly.

A few of the staff they’ve had as driving guides over the the years have been keen mountain bikers as well

martinhutch

They certainly knacker a good run down Parkamoor IME

Every. Single. Time. Well, in the last couple of years, anyway. It’s not so much whether you see them, but trying to predict the bit of it you’ll be walking to get past their wagon train.

mattsccm
    Free Member

There are the bane of every green laner as well.

project
    Free Member

landrover experience, you can also book a visit to the factory in Speke and see the sport.being built and a est track outide to test one.

cozz
    Free Member

there are about 10 landrover experience centres around the UK

I went to the one at eastnor castle couple of years ago

it was great, going back in Jan for a half day driving experience

smatkins1
    Free Member

Avis will let you have a new range rover sport for a long weekend for just under £1k.

http://www.avisprestige.com/quote-161-Range_Rover_Sport_HSE_SDV6.php

Surprise them by taking it back muddy and with some water in the footwells 😆

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

It’s a shame the floods didn’t hit after Christmas… Apparently Kankku offered my stranded work mate a lift on Saturday; from Crook to Windermere; eighty quid.

A really nice gesture at twenty quid a mile, plus a good chance to see some real extreme off roading. Surprised he didn’t take them up on the offer tbh 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Green laning and Land-Rover hire?’ is closed to new replies.